• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers likely drafting a QB

Zod

4 minutes ago, austin1227 said:

59% completion rate, never cracked 4k yards in his career despite having Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammad. His team carried him to the super bowl and has only made one pro bowl; he may not be trash like I said but he's below average

I mean, Jake Delhomme played QB on a running football and we hadn't evolved into the passing era really yet like today.   

Jake wasn't carried to the Super Bowl.  He didn't carry the team on his back.....but the cardiac cats were the cardiac cats in part because of Jake Delhomme.  Jake Delhomme had weird magic.  Saw it week 1 all the way through the Super Bowl.   

Until Tommy Jone snatched his elbow and soul....he was actually a pretty good gunslinger type QB.   He was never great.  But he wasn't bad. 

• Pie 7

3 minutes ago, austin1227 said:

59% completion rate, never cracked 4k yards in his career despite having Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammad. His team carried him to the super bowl and has only made one pro bowl; he may not be trash like I said but he's below average

Different era of football and he really only had a handful of years before his elbow fell apart and he was a shadow of himself. He had his best season without Smitty. You can't call him overall trash because his arm fell apart. Same argument applies to Cam.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean, Jake Delhomme played QB on a running football and we hadn't evolved into the passing era really yet like today.   

Jake wasn't carried to the Super Bowl.  He didn't carry the team on his back.....but the cardiac cats were the cardiac cats in part because of Jake Delhomme.  Jake Delhomme had weird magic.  Saw it week 1 all the way through the Super Bowl.   

Until Tommy Jone snatched his elbow and soul....he was actually a pretty good gunslinger type QB.   He was never great.  But he wasn't bad. 

Jake was basically a more fiery Derek Carr. A borderline top 10 QB who allowed you to compete.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Different era of football and he really only had a handful of years before his elbow fell apart and he was a shadow of himself. You can't call him overall trash because his arm fell apart. Same argument applies to Cam.

Not necessarily with cam because he averaged 500+ yards rushing every season to make up for his lack of passing yardage against other qbs

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With the upgrades to the OL I'm onboard. The staff is still a huge concern but that is what it is.

Agree on Rhule. McAdoo I actually like as an OC and potential QB developer. He got the absolute most out of Eli who had his 2 best seasons of his career under him despite being past his prime then too. But yeah coaching staffs can change so quickly. Having an elite OL like it seems we may have and a QB with a ton of potential like Howell can also help us entice a better HC to consider us if (once?) Rhule is gone.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, austin1227 said:

Not necessarily with cam because he averaged 500+ yards rushing every season to make up for his lack of passing yardage against other qbs

7th in passing yardage

5th in TDs

And Smitty broke his leg week one.

The guy was pretty damn good before his elbow fell apart.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what I thought too but given that crazy run on WRs yesterday and multiple major trades for vet WRs I think he my have more value than I would've thought. There are still contenders like GB and KC who are borderline desperate at WR.

Baltimore also. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With the upgrades to the OL I'm onboard. The staff is still a huge concern but that is what it is.

Worst case scenario IMO would be trading up for Willis. He's not ready and Rhule would probably try to force him in before he's ready as desperation to save his job set in.

I want us to steer clear of Willis, he isnt a NFL QB right now, and may not be for a couple years, if at all. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I just think the are looking to add some excitment.  OL Is a great pick but it only sells with the hardcore crowd.  Panthers got a PR problem right now. 

I think it is likely would be a QB.  But I could see it not being one.  But I think that would then signal a move for Baker or Jimmy G to be added to the roster.   

I think drafting a kid that grew up in Charlotte and idolized the Panthers was a PR blessing.

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I'm going put this here..

Deep LB class.. We still need a few..

Get a LB .. Stop worrying about career Backup QBS. 

I've got my eye on Asamoah in the 4th at LB. JoJo Domann is a sleeper I'm watching. He's a former safety who will be a LB in the NFL. What makes me most interested is that he actually plated almost exclusively as a nickel CB this year at Nebraska. H's 6'1" 230. This is a coverage and pass rushing league. LB size with that type of cover skills? Sign me up.