• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers likely drafting a QB

Zod

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I know this doesn’t mean much, but the success rate of second round QBs isn’t very high. 

We can at least we can use blind recency bias to get overly optimistic (I.E. Derek & Hurts)

Edited by davos
  • Pie 1

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just think his physical limitations are going to be too much to overcome. Great small college QB who was fun as hell to watch at that level but I just think the ball is in the air too long at the NFL level.

I know earlier in the offseason you didn't want Howell to Panthers because we'd be a bad situation for him. How do you feel after Ekwonu pick and the other FA OL signings? (and some other signs of trending in the right direction, though still a ton of concerns). I'm kinda getting on the Howell train at this point, especially if we can get him in the 3rd and not trading too much to jump back in. I like Willis a bit more but I suspect he goes in the next 5-10 picks and we won't trade enough to get him there.

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

What are you 15? 

59% completion rate, never cracked 4k yards in his career despite having Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammad. His team carried him to the super bowl and has only made one pro bowl; he may not be trash like I said but he's below average

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I know earlier in the offseason you didn't want Howell to Panthers because we'd be a bad situation for him. How do you feel after Ekwonu pick and the other FA OL signings? (and some other signs of trending in the right direction, though still a ton of concerns). I'm kinda getting on the Howell train at this point, especially if we can get him in the 3rd and not trading too much to jump back in. I like Willis a bit more but I suspect he goes in the next 5-10 picks and we won't trade enough to get him there.

With the upgrades to the OL I'm onboard. The staff is still a huge concern but that is what it is.

Worst case scenario IMO would be trading up for Willis. He's not ready and Rhule would probably try to force him in before he's ready as desperation to save his job set in.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, davos said:

We can at least we can use blind recency bias to get overly optimistic (I.E. Derek & Hurts)

Absolutely, there are some outliers (Brees) like you mentioned and it’s good to remain positive. I’m just a big believer in BPA.