• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers likely drafting a QB

Zod

52 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

I actually like Zappe and he will be there when we draft in the 4th. Quit making stupid trades to look like you are doing something. They are not making the team better and if Darnold can't get it done behind this upgraded OL, he is gone next year and we can get our QB in the first. Stop digging a worse hole with bad trades.

Strong could be there as well.  Mark my words!!

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

I'm sorry but I disagree..

With Darnold having a 4 year head start on experience and pro game speed.. And none of these guys are going to physically look better then him.. He is bigger, stronger, faster, and has better arm talent then most of this class..

There only going to beat him on decision making and reading defenses and that usually takes time to do...

Howell and Corral (excluding Willis because of level of competition and rawness) are just as fast or pretty close. 

Both their arms are close. They both can make every NFL throw. 

Corral has a much faster release.

Howell has guts and a natural feel for moving a team down the field.

Both look like better leaders easily.

Even comparing college tape, Darnold isn’t head and shoulders better than these guys.

There is just so much narrative influence on where QB’s go. 

Like I saw “tank for Howell” all over last year, then he loses tons of skill position players, still has a good year though the stats regress, and he’s not good anymore? I don’t buy it. 

Why was he so highly regarded last year? Just stats? He still has the same arm strength, same thick frame, same deep ball. Hell he showed to be a better runner.

These guys could all be trash but wouldn’t it be funny if 2-3 of these guys become pro bowl talent. I’d laugh my ass off. 

7 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Howell and Corral (excluding Willis because of level of competition and rawness) are just as fast or pretty close. 

Both their arms are close. They both can make every NFL throw. 

Corral has a much faster release.

Howell has guts and a natural feel for moving a team down the field.

Both look like better leaders easily.

Even comparing college tape, Darnold isn’t head and shoulders better than these guys.

There is just so much narrative influence on where QB’s go. 

Like I saw “tank for Howell” all over last year, then he loses tons of skill position players, still has a good year though the stats regress, and he’s not good anymore? I don’t buy it. 

Why was he so highly regarded last year? Just stats? He still has the same arm strength, same thick frame, same deep ball. Hell he showed to be a better runner.

These guys could all be trash but wouldn’t it be funny if 2-3 of these guys become pro bowl talent. I’d laugh my ass off. 

Not worth arguing over but Sam is bigger and stronger then the QBS you name.. And its obvious he was seen as a better prospect then them as well..

Not a endorsement on Sam it's just a bad QB class this year..

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Not worth arguing over but Sam is bigger and stronger then the QBS you name.. And its obvious he was seen as a better prospect then them as well..

Not a endorsement on Sam it's just a bad QB class this year..

Corral is thin yes.

Doubt he’s stronger than Howell. He is taller though obviously. 

I know it’s cliche at this point but Clausen was seen as a better prospect than these guys too. 

Last years heroic QB class all looked like poo. Although measurables say they have more potential but still. 

It’s just such a hard position to get right. 

Using the filter that the arm strength/accuracy is enough to make NFL throws, then the MOST IMPORTANT thing is between the ears.

Does Darnold have more of that than the above two guys?