• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic article on Ickey (eggplant emoji)

Cary Kollins

2 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

No worries bro lol both ashamed I didn't know that and impressed as hell 🤣 

Yeah I always remembered Gross as a sub 5 guy but he ran a 5.05. I was like holy crap Ichy is 28 lbs more going a bit faster lol. No shame in any of that lol

Edited by Waldo

The more I see about him the more I love the pick, and it’s not just homerism.  If your offensive linemen are tough, smart, and love the game, they’ll usually be great.  He has all of those traits plus awesome athleticism.  Pretty sure offensive linemen have the highest overall Wonderlic scores on average.  Not that it means a ton, but at least they’re not stupid, and Ickey is about as smart an OT that’s been drafted in a while.  

The way he’s been described makes me think of a Norwell-type who is better, and plays tackle.  We lost the White Buffalo, but hopefully we just got our Black Bison

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We're going to fight now 🤬

😂 I haven't been shy about it, Scot.  I know you have always loved the big ugliest, and I always appreciated them, I just never liked the idea of using our first rounder on them. I knew it was sometimes necessary, but especially in the infancy years of the huddle, I just preferred to either sign guys or find late round gems and use the first rounders for the big splash/playmaker/sexy picks.  I wanted production that was quantitative.  

But boy oh boy...  let me tell you how much my mind has changed since those days😂.  Seeing a generational talent get destroyed and effectively have his career/peak shortened definitely hastened my shifting perspective.  We needed a franchise tackle, and if that takes the first pick, you go get them...  and we did.  Couldn't be happier.

• Pie 1

I never dreamed he would be available to pick. Out of all top 3 tackles, I assumed he would be gone no matter what by 6, so last night was a slam dunk. It’s going to be so fugging satisfying to not cringe every game at our line. We have a certified stud who has potential through the roof. We are going from the worst starting LT in the league to one of the best

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1