• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This looks so far like a Scott Fitterer and Dan Morgan RUN draft, not Mr. Teppa, Not Fhule

TheBigKat

Rhule hasn't really been terrible at the draft. It's one thing he's done pretty well. With that said you see the talent in understanding the draft more with Fitters and morgan. They know when to trade up and down to get guys they want. 

5 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

My hunch...not that it matters.

Dave:  Matt sit down with me for a minute.

Matt sits.

Dave:  Would you rather keep your job, or have control over the roster?

Matt squirms.

Dave:  That settles it then, can you ask Dan and Scott to step in here on your way out.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Practically speaking, even if Rhule could override everybody else in the organization, he still couldn't override the owner.

So basically, all it takes to overturn a Rhule decision is David Tepper saying "I agree with Scott".

It doesn't even have to be that direct, or even Tepper picking sides.  It could be more Tepper setting a directive.

Basically it could be as easy as Tepper telling both of them that we aren't overspending on a FA QB like we have in the past, and also we aren't over drafting a QB in the draft.  Outside of that, you 2 figure out how to build this team the right way.

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

It doesn't even have to be that direct, or even Tepper picking sides.  It could be more Tepper setting a directive.

Basically it could be as easy as Tepper telling both of them that we aren't overspending on a FA QB like we have in the past, and also we aren't over drafting a QB in the draft.  Outside of that, you 2 figure out how to build this team the right way.

My take was kinda joking, kinda serious.  I've worked for guys like Tepper...I can tell you, they are that blunt, and expect you not to take it personally.

But to me, since the end of the season, this team feels like it's making "different" decisions...smells like a real front office.  If it's Rhule getting smarter and experienced and he's still calling the shots (not buying it), great...that would be a great thing.

• Pie 1

Since Rhule has been here, it's always been a group effort with him getting the finial say. The coaches, the scouts, the gms. The ONLY changes has been a new GM, who has completely overauled our scouting department so we can much more information on every player. 

It's still. Group effort. The coaches. The scouts. Dan Morgan, Scott F., and of course, Rhule, whom as a head coach should have the finial say on the roster. 

Thus isn't rocket science. 

There us absolutely zero proof to suggest otherwise. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

My take was kinda joking, kinda serious.  I've worked for guys like Tepper...I can tell you, they are that blunt, and expect you not to take it personally.

But to me, since the end of the season, this team feels like it's making "different" decisions...smells like a real front office.  If it's Rhule getting smarter and experienced and he's still calling the shots (not buying it), great...that would be a great thing.

I'd like to think that if Rhule were believed to be getting smarter, the team would have had him out in front of the public more rather than less.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd like to think that if Rhule were believed to be getting smarter, the team would have had him out in front of the public more rather than less.

I thought the smart coaches hated talking to the press?  If he was smarter, wouldn't he talk to the press less?
giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475p1iyhfxeczjg88psj

18 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Since Rhule has been here, it's always been a group effort with him getting the finial say. The coaches, the scouts, the gms. The ONLY changes has been a new GM, who has completely overauled our scouting department so we can much more information on every player. 

It's still. Group effort. The coaches. The scouts. Dan Morgan, Scott F., and of course, Rhule, whom as a head coach should have the finial say on the roster. 

Thus isn't rocket science. 

There us absolutely zero proof to suggest otherwise. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dop70wjjruhzjwxwb8

Its no use.  You're battling against the wind.  They made up their minds.  They hate, just sheer hate, Rhule.  Anything they like will be attributed to anyone but Rhule, and anything they dislike will attributed to him.

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, it's best that he sit down for this one.  He talks too much and says things he should keep secret until the draft is over.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No, it's best that he sit down for this one.  He talks too much and says things he should keep secret until the draft is over.

He and Tepper are both lousy at speaking to the public 

Fitterer is actually good at it but I don't think he likes to do it.