• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This looks so far like a Scott Fitterer and Dan Morgan RUN draft, not Mr. Teppa, Not Fhule

TheBigKat

This seems to be a draft thus far that is run by Fitt / Morgan

Round 1- LT, no getting Pickett cause he is from PITT and the owner wants a QB

Round 1- no trading future assets to getting back into round 1

Round 2- watching the board, getting eager but not wasting a future 1st to get back in.... A sinking ship Rhule would want back in

Round 3- giving up only a future 3rd and current 4th to lock up arguable a top 3 QB in this draft class.... that's value play right there

• Pie 9
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 6

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

I'm amazed at the folks that think the guy who spent 2 BILLION dollars for a team couldn't force a selection if he truly wanted the player for any reason.

Guys like Fitt can get a job at another organization. He’s not going to stake his career for one owner then be scapegoated if it doesn’t work out

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I noticed when they asked where they had Corral ranked, Rhule immediately looked to Fitts. That tells me Fitt was running this draft. 

thats a Scott question. haha. We put in a FO that handles alll talent acquisition. Scott should be running the draft. Twice in the conference Rhule complimented Scott and his team on how they prepared and ran this draft. 

Scott brought up last week that we have switched to a modern scouting system to prepare for the draft. Instead of a single mind scouting and making personnnel decisions, they have gone to multiple talent evaluatros with weighed perspective Im sure they use a decision framework like MoSCoW when making their boards

• Pie 4

Was going to say something similar...

It was reported that there was an internal dispute going on over Mayfield. My theory was (and still is) that Rhule wanted Mayfield. Fitterer has expressed (repeatedly) that he views drafting and building around a quarterback as "the right way to do it".

I'd say Fitterer won the argument.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It was reported that there was an internal dispute going on over Mayfield. My theory was (and still is) that Rhule wanted Mayfield. Fitterer has expressed (repeatedly) that he views drafting and building around a quarterback as "the right way to do it".

I hope this is what happened, and I think it’s the theory that makes the most sense. HOWEVER, Fitt did say earlier he didn’t want to deal any more draft assets and maybe Rhule looks at a rookie as a chance to extend his job some.

but no if I had to guess I think what you said makes sense 

Here comes the who ran the draft posts again.

Good draft = orchestrated by staff members Carolina Huddle likes. Even though articles and quotes state the opposite.

Bad draft = orchestrated by staff members the Carolina Huddle despises. Even though articles and quotes state the opposite.

• Beer 4

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I would think that if the cards hadn't fell the way they did, Mayfeild would be on a plane heading here. Corral slipping back and a good trade changed that.

6 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Here comes the who ran the draft posts again.

Good draft = orchestrated by staff members Carolina Huddle likes. Even though articles and quotes state the opposite.

Bad draft = orchestrated by staff members the Carolina Huddle despises. Even though articles and quotes state the opposite.

Do you actually have "articles and quotes which state the opposite" or are you just bullsh-tting?

• Pie 1