• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral is here because of Ben McAdoo

Zod

43 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I wonder why people talk so much about Carolina Panthers head coach Matt Rhule on a Carolina Panthers message board

I bet Matt Rhule made you type that.  But now that his power is diminished, maybe not.  Its just sooo confusing.....I hate him just soo much.

• Pie 2

49 minutes ago, CRA said:

Growth by who?

The entire FO, and being that Rhule is running the football side of things and ultimately deferred to McAdoo in reference to QB choice, and Fitterer in reference to maneuvering the draft, he gets a lot of credit. You think that the old OC had any credibility or pull, much less experience and that Rhule was listening to him? 

• Beer 2

16 minutes ago, stirs said:

Wilson will be the toast of NY this year

I've watched NFL games for nearly 40 years. I have no problem saying that the Jets have never interested me as a franchise. I've always been indifferent to them a league entity. You can make a strong argument that this franchise hasn't really been relevant since" before Joe Namath left the team" in 1976. If you took away that 1968 SB season, they'd be a footnote in NFL history.

All that said, the front office crushed that draft. Zach Wilson had an erratic 2021 season, but anyone who knows football realizes that kids got a cannon for an arm. Selah's a good coach and seems to be putting the pieces together little by little. He and the front office "may be" on the verge of building something really special with that team.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The entire FO, and being that Rhule is running the football side of things and ultimately deferred to McAdoo in reference to QB choice, and Fitterer in reference to maneuvering the draft, he gets a lot of credit. You think that the old OC had any credibility or pull, much less experience and that Rhule was listening to him? 

I would say in 2022 the GM is clearly running the football side of things.   

Debatable who had final say the previous years and was running it.   

Both McAdoo and Chris Simms had Corrall as the best QB in this draft class. If you look at how they have ranked the past few classes, they have been pretty much nailed the best prospect each year.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Matt Corrall  can do with good coaching, a revamped O-line, a healthy CMC, and more talented to roster from top to bottom than we've had in years.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, I guess we will see how strong the Sam Darnold effect is. 

the last guy was getting HC interviews and everyone on his offense was having career production after one year.  And that was coming off historic collegiate offense. 

then came Sam.  Who was the worst starting QB in the NFL. 

So if McAdoo sucks with Sam?  Then Joe Brady was just a super talented yet green OC that Rhule threw under the bus because of his nightmare QB. 

I know the think tank also wanted Stanford and Watson(who doesnt)...... Brady didnt have NFL answers with a CMC-less team. I DO NOT WANT my job on the line with Sam as QB. Didn't like trade and hated the package, called out his 3 year history as the worse QB in the NFL. Huddlers fought me in threads....

Now Ive seen him, I do not think hes trash. Same problem between the ears and when defenders are applying pressure he can not QB. 4....FOUR years hes been running for his life, so can mcadoo solve that??? Thats one tall mountain. Its like adopting a dog thats been beaten for 4 straight years by a human owner. Is it possible to reprogram their brain, for some dogs yea, others remain broken. Be nice to see if Sam was able to gain trust form this new OL, maybe then he could play NFL QB for the first time. 

4 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I've watched NFL games for nearly 40 years. I have no problem saying that the Jets have never interested me as a franchise. I've always been indifferent to them a league entity. You can make a strong argument that this franchise hasn't really been relevant since" before Joe Namath left the team" in 1976. If you took away that 1968 SB season, they'd be a footnote in NFL history.

All that said, the front office crushed that draft. Zach Wilson had an erratic 2021 season, but anyone who knows football realizes that kids got a cannon for an arm. Selah's a good coach and seems to be putting the pieces together little by little. He and the front office "may be" on the verge of building something really special with that team.

I thought the NY team was called the Giants. I can't remember another one for the last 50+ years. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I would say in 2022 the GM is clearly running the football side of things.   

Debatable who had final say the previous years and was running it.   

Like I said in another thread, if the MMQB story is true, Rhule asked Fitty what he wanted to do. That's not the sign of a man that's not running things, it's the sign of a man who is deferring to and trusting his staff.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 4

9 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

White stepped on the same field and was BALLLIN'......that was big in my book, I think Wilson just isnt a NYC type of person. Ive been there a few times, its different for a country boi.....I tell you what......smell bad too....

24 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Exactly..

Brady didn't have enough pull or experience to speak up about player or roster decisions..

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Like I said in another thread, if the MMQB story is true, Rhule asked Fitty what he wanted to do. That's not the sign of a man that's not running things, it's the sign of a man who is deferring to and trusting his staff.

Think it’s how you choose to interpret that.  

I ask my boss what she wants to do.  I do it because she has the final call on what we do on big things.  Not me.  I give her info.  Tell her what I want and think.  Then it rests with her.   What does she want to do. 

it’s just hard to walk away from all that coverage of the draft IMO and not think Fitt has control of the roster at this stage.  Completely different tone vs prior years.  Rhule’s behavior. Fitt’s behavior.  Behavior of the local reporters who have a feel for what is going on. 

Which is how it should be.  Why would anyone want a green college HC to be running things?  Having roster control and all that.  

I don’t disagree with some growth going on.  Tepper.  Fitt.  Probably Rhule.  But I think the growth has put Rhule in more of a position that he should of always been in.  Which is less power and control.  

• Pie 1