• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Night and day between Panther and Canes home games

Jmac

Winning does that.  It was pretty electric during the last super bowl run.  However there have been 4 straight miserable seasons for the panthers. 

I'll admit I've been to most of our games and its hard to be excited given the teams we have fielded.

No doubt, the canes are exciting right now.  I hope they have a good run in the playoffs.

• Pie 5

I used to live in Raleigh and still went to canes games when we were going through our purge…. It was not electric, and they were giving out free beer vouchers at the time. 

it’s the just way of sports. Winning teams have fans in the stands, losing teams don’t.  It’s not a specific team problem. It’s just sports expectations.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 8

I was at the car/seachickens playoff game and the 2015 nfc championship game and I will say the atmosphere was great.

I think the close confines of PNC arena make the difference. Little more up close and personal. Plus hockey is essentially non stop action. Tension builds until goals/big hits etc. Great time to be a Canes fan!! Let's go canes!

Hopefully soon we'll begin to have that "winning culture" Tepper talks about with the Panthers as well! 

• Beer 2

The hurricanes are a good team that compete for championships in a town that really has nothing else to do - The panthers are a terrible organization with no direction and no reason to be optimistic about the future and play in young city with ten thousand better things to do 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, panthers81 said:

I was at the car/seachickens playoff game and the 2015 nfc championship game and I will say the atmosphere was great.

I think the close confines of PNC arena make the difference. Little more up close and personal. Plus hockey is essentially non stop action. Tension builds until goals/big hits etc. Great time to be a Canes fan!! Let's go canes!

Hopefully soon we'll begin to have that "winning culture" Tepper talks about with the Panthers as well! 

Agreed on the Seattle game.  When Luke scored on the pick 6 after the offense had just scored was about as loud as I can remember a game being.  I know I was losing my mind.

I'm definitely a bandwagon hockey fan...I watch the playoffs when the canes play but don't watch the regular season.  Playoff hockey is intense and definitely fun to watch.

• Pie 1