Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Still need more RB depth


CRA
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

😂😂😂😂. This fanbase, man. Just what’s been holding this team back, not enough quality backup rbs. Hilarious 

When you're starting running back has been injured as often as CMC, you need a backup with similar skills, especially if you plan to have the majority of your offense running through him. Based off last season, Chuba catches like he's wearing oven mitts and Foreman has never been much of a pass threat. So half of our current RBs skills will be lost when/if he gets injured. We are not good at the backup position currently, especially given CMCs history. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CMC will get the lions share of carries as usual. Even short yardage will be mostly CMC imo. Our power back will go mostly unused unless CMC is injured imo. Chuba is a limited back in that he is really only effective as a north and south runner who has time to build up his speed. He's not as effective east and west, and I got into an arguement with someone about that and when I showed him getting run down the huddler responded "you see what you want to see" which was odd. We actually could use another back who is fast and with great hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Silly, we are absolutely loaded at RB

Ok.  Remove CMC entirely.  Pretty much like the case has been the last two seasons.   That’s where this convo this starts. 

Loaded per Shocker:  2 RBs who are best suited to be 1st and 2nd down rushers. 

Not having an Abdullah style RB is a hole.  Need that diverse RB and he needs to be solid at pass pro.  He was the best RB last year when CMC went down.  He was just late to the party.  We should of had that from day one last year instead of Royce Freeman.  And we basically are doing it all over again but with the Titans back this time.  You are suppose to learn from mistakes not repeat them. 

it’s an easy hole to fill in advance.  It’s little stuff like that which helps a team be successful. 

and if CMC were to stay healthy it would allow more downs he could go into the slot while we still have a more diverse threat in the backfield.  I mean the general consensus has been to keep CMC healthy then they have to alter how we use him. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Foreman is the depth issue being addressed. 

I understand CMC has had it rough the last two years, but you never know with injury. 
 

At one point Thomas Davis didn’t play for what felt like half a decade, and it turned out to be just awful luck. He made it through that and showed durability. 
 

CMC works his tail off and I wish him the same not just for us but because you know he wants it bad. 
 

I’m hopeful his load is 15-20 touches a game (mostly in space). He would win us games with that. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, CRA said:

Ok.  Remove CMC entirely.  Pretty much like the case has been the last two seasons.   That’s where this convo this starts. 

Loaded per Shocker:  2 RBs who are best suited to be 1st and 2nd down rushers. 

Not having an Abdullah style RB is a hole.  Need that diverse RB and he needs to be solid at pass pro.  He was the best RB last year when CMC went down.  He was just late to the party.  We should of had that from day one last year instead of Royce Freeman.  And we basically are doing it all over again but with the Titans back this time.  You are suppose to learn from mistakes not repeat them. 

it’s an easy hole to fill in advance.  It’s little stuff like that which helps a team be successful. 

and if CMC were to stay healthy it would allow more downs he could go into the slot while we still have a more diverse threat in the backfield.  I mean the general consensus has been to keep CMC healthy then they have to alter how we use him. 

Foreman actually has good hands. Kinda a younger and bigger Mike Davis. I think people don't give Rhule enough hate for taking Chuba who has stone hands and is smaller than Corral who people don't think should run a single ball at the NFL level

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 short years ago, this roster was in sad shape. Too many aged out vets, and very little young talent. You cannot win with that roster. 

 

Now, we have probably the best roster we have had in a long while. A roster that is only a quality QB away from competing.

 

You would think folks would be excited over the direction this team is trending.

 

No roster is complete. Every team has holes. And as of right now? We have fewer holes than at any point in recent memory.

 

 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Foreman actually has good hands. Kinda a younger and bigger Mike Davis. I think people don't give Rhule enough hate for taking Chuba who has stone hands and is smaller than Corral who people don't think should run a single ball at the NFL level

Matt Rhule's wife liked Chubba.  

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

2 short years ago, this roster was in sad shape. Too many aged out vets, and very little young talent. You cannot win with that roster. 

 

Now, we have probably the best roster we have had in a long while. A roster that is only a quality QB away from competing.

 

You would think folks would be excited over the direction this team is trending.

 

No roster is complete. Every team has holes. And as of right now? We have fewer holes than at any point in recent memory.

 

 

I get it. When you don’t win it breeds negativity. 
 

I’m looking forward to a big question being answered: how much of the issue was Brady’s offense?

 

With a revamped line, and an NFL OC, I look forward to seeing what our offense looks like mid season and end of year once defenses adjust. 
 

This is the most excited I’ve been for Panther football since Cam/Luke days. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I get it. When you don’t win it breeds negativity. 
 

I’m looking forward to a big question being answered: how much of the issue was Brady’s offense?

 

With a revamped line, and an NFL OC, I look forward to seeing what our offense looks like mid season and end of year once defenses adjust. 
 

This is the most excited I’ve been for Panther football since Cam/Luke days. 

 

I get the negativity over the last half decade. But man, this roster is as good as we've had in a while. 

 

At some point folks have to admit. We are trending in the right direction.

 

What we are building has more than a few folks excited.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not really a Chubba fan.  Just don't see it with him and you should pretty quickly with RBs these days.  Foreman played well in relief for Henry but wasn't that special.  

Between the two, we have guys that can effectively fill in if CMC goes down again but I don't see one that's a 2-4 year starter.  

BUT we have a guy to watch out for, it's the Rhule pipeline in full effect.

We landed a Rhule special as a UDFA...recruited by Matt personally, coached him (knows very well) that ended up a transferring to Penn State after Matt left for the NFL. John Lovett. That was a crowded Baylor running group and he found success at Penn State.  The Baylor & PA connections are endless with this team.

And dare I say, he looks more exciting than anyone on our roster aside CMC...

 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why are we worried about running by backs lmao, that’s probably one of of deepest positions by far, we are already heavily invested. Hubbard is our rb3 that’s pretty damn good to be honest. Let’s focus on the O-line, MLB, and DE for now. A good rb 4 is a useless luxury.

 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...