• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker sitting out Cleveland OTA’s

ncfan

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

These guys don't just lose because they're supposed to. They're going to try and improve their situation. Baker is on the outs in Cleveland. Sam is on the outs with at least the fan base here. Trade straight across and be done. I want Darnold no where near Corral, but I don't expect Corral to be the next Russel Wilson or Dak Prescott. He could be, I just don't expect that out of the gate. 

You didn't answer the question 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You didn't answer the question 

You do the same thing you would do if Sam won 6-8. You proceed through the offseason and try to get better and move on from Rhule and Darnold/Baker. 6-8 wins won't save his job or land a big flashy contract. You can't bank on getting a top pick for a QB in next year's draft. 

8 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

These guys don't just lose because they're supposed to. They're going to try and improve their situation. Baker is on the outs in Cleveland. Sam is on the outs with at least the fan base here. Trade straight across and be done. I want Darnold no where near Corral, but I don't expect Corral to be the next Russel Wilson or Dak Prescott. He could be, I just don't expect that out of the gate. 

I don't want Baker or Sam anywhere near Corral. Sam is just a terrible football player, Baker is a cancer. 

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

You do the same thing you would do if Sam won 6-8. You proceed through the offseason and try to get better and move on from Rhule and Darnold/Baker. 6-8 wins won't save his job or land a big flashy contract. You can't bank on getting a top pick for a QB in next year's draft. 

So a wasted season 

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So a wasted season 

It very well could be. But if Rhule walks into that locker room and says we're losing this season so get over it, he's going to lose the locker room day 1. These guys don't play to lose. They're all going to try and improve their situation. I don't necessarily want Baker, Jimmy G or Sam, but we're going to have one of them. Baker is probably the best chance to win out of the 3. So the move makes sense from a trying to win perspective, even if we as fans don't really like it. 

18 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, that was probably going to happen anyway.

He didn't get invited to go to the Bahamas with Watson and the rest of the offense either.

People act like we are missing out on something, I bet no one on that offense misses him. 

Dude had an elite OL and running game and was mediocre. 

Imagine if he had to play in Carolina with no CMC and the OL we have had the past few years. He would be getting boo'd as hard as Sam and Rhule. 

• Beer 2

22 minutes ago, Green-Ghost said:

Who would be a better QB?  Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield?

They both suck. You dont trade away your draft for several years to get rid of a guy that is any good. 

I hope we have learned from our retread mistakes and just move on with what we have. 

• Beer 2

22 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady also sitting out...

...they call it "voluntary" for a reason 🤙.

Rogers is working with a lot of new receivers. Maybe he should be there.

Robbie could be working with a new QB. Maybe he should be there.

Fug Brady.

Fans want their players there. The player has a choice to say no. 

Two sides to every store.

Edited by iamhubby1

8 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Rogers is working with a lot of new receivers. Maybe he should be there.

Robbie could be working with a new QB. Maybe he should be there.

Fug Brady.

Fans want their players there. The player has a choice to say no. 

Two sides to every store.

There is literally z-e-r-o reason for Baker to show up for these voluntary workouts -- he'd be a fool to do so 🤦‍♂️🤣.

• Beer 1