• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official pick your rookie sleeper thread.

Zod

Just to break the rules of this thread I'm going to go with CJ Henderson.

I think having a full offseason in Carolina will allow him to focus on football and develop into the star player many thought he would become when he was drafted 9th overall. 

I think he becomes a star and by the end of next year the talking heads around the league will say we have one of the best secondaries in the league. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, WS Pantherfan said:

Just to break the rules of this thread I'm going to go with CJ Henderson.

I think having a full offseason in Carolina will allow him to focus on football and develop into the star player many thought he would become when he was drafted 9th overall. 

I think he becomes a star and by the end of next year the talking heads around the league will say we have one of the best secondaries in the league. 

I'm breaking the bank on gross matos stepping up Hardy lite

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Matt Corral

I think he sees the field this year.  Not because Rhule wants to go that route…..but I just feel too many have forgotten where we were right before we brought Cam in.  Sam will continue to be Sam.  Rhule will continue to be Rhule.    And if they are….BOA will react as they did last year after a couple weeks. 

Without that Cardinals W there were threats of protests outside the stadium lol. Then it just quickly turned to apathy on the obvious lack of coaching talent/personnel decisions. I think Sam should get a couple games with a better line and if he's still 50/50 on his TD/INT numbers fuging pull him, they aren't going to re-sign him anyway so it's just a complete waste of time to start him either way really

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Without that Cardinals W there were threats of protests outside the stadium lol. Then it just quickly turned to apathy on the obvious lack of coaching talent/personnel decisions. I think Sam should get a couple games with a better line and if he's still 50/50 on his TD/INT numbers fuging pull him, they aren't going to re-sign him anyway so it's just a complete waste of time to start him either way really

Thought of the day: If Sam was a FA would anyone actually sign him, even as a backup 🤔

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Icdeadpeople said:

Thought of the day: If Sam was a FA would anyone actually sign him, even as a backup 🤔

If I had a talented young secondary that I wanted to inject with some swag in the way of gift wrapped INT balls in camp think I'd sign him. 😂

Wait a minute... that's us! maybe it's some real 4D chess that he's still on the roster...

😂 😂 😂

4 minutes ago, Icdeadpeople said:

He might get a Trubisky like deal from last year, but probably not even $2.5M. I don't know if he even likes playing football enough to play for the vet min. He already bought a house in Malibu where he can boogie board 365 days a year

I think Brandon smith has the clearest path to playing time at a position we don't have a lot of talent at. But amare barno seems tailor made for our system. A speed rusher off the edge long and freaky speed. He's my pick for "team rookie of the year sleeper "

Edited by micnificent28
  • Pie 1

19 hours ago, Zod said:

Best case scenario and it isn't close. Doubt it though. Rhule doesn't appear to be a guy that will play rookies over vets. 

This makes zero sense.  Not a Rhule fan, but he has never hesitated to put the best player on the field.  Our rookies have seen significant playing time the last couple of years.  

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Smithers said:

This makes zero sense.  Not a Rhule fan, but he has never hesitated to put the best player on the field.  Our rookies have seen significant playing time the last couple of years.  

You watch our games much?

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I think Brandon smith has the clearest path to playing time at a position we don't have a lot of talent at. But amare barno seems tailor made for our system. A speed rusher off the edge long and freaky speed. He's my pick for "team rookie of the year sleeper "

Yes. This was my pick.  I hope Corral, but I thought Smith could be dangerous.  Considering how we had only 1 day 1 or 2 pick, we did ok in this draft.

• Pie 1