• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Presents The Process

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I mean what do we expect through? He is a football coach not a politician. I get judging him on sundays but critiquing his nervousness on a stage … I just don’t get the value behind it.

I mean he is one of the highest paid NFL HCs in the league here to build and lead.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean he is one of the highest paid NFL HCs in the league here to build and lead.  

agreed. He isnt paid to be a media mogul though... thats why i said it makes sense to critique him on sundays, but not how he responds to questions from the media or fans. 

It's not like the higher you get paid the better you are with media... BB doesnt even talk to the media, and I wish Rhule would take a page out of that book.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

44 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

“It’s just very simply recognization…”

-Matt Rhule, 2022

But seriously Rhule never comes across well in his interviews. He must have had an “out-of-body” moment when he interviewed with Tepper. Only for him to never reach that level of competence again. It reminds me of Will Ferrell in that debate in Old School.

No, Tepper comes from a world where some of that ignorant BS works.

41 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

agreed. He isnt paid to be a media mogul though... thats why i said it makes sense to critique him on sundays, but not how he responds to questions from the media or fans. 

It's not like the higher you get paid the better you are with media... BB doesnt even talk to the media, and I wish Rhule would take a page out of that book.

Paid to be a leader and motivator of people though.  Strong personality types.  Perform well in high pressure scenarios.  That’s the gig.   

hard to see how he can do that well when every small market reporter seems to have him fumbling and panicking so consistently to simple questions.  

Coked out WWE sounding Campbell might be able talk you into running into a brick wall at least once.    

and the Panthers need better PR folks when it comes to Rhule.   He has so many bad appearances out there on camera.   If they can’t stop them then they need to start showing some behind the scenes stuff to even it out where he looks the part IMO.    

And I’ve said for awhile Rhule would help himself by just not talking.  And the Panthers do seem to have dialed back how much they put him out front of late. 

• Beer 4

I think what bothers me most is that since he's been here he's been telling us to "trust the process" . . . yet when someone asks him to explain the three most important pieces of the process, he can't do it.  If he can't explain it simply and easily to us, how can he get it across to his players?

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I think what bothers me most is that since he's been here he's been telling us to "trust the process" . . . yet when someone asks him to explain the three most important pieces of the process, he can't do it.  If he can't explain it simply and easily to us, how can he get it across to his players?

Teams that lose, lose because they don't know why they lost. Duh.

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

Paid to be a leader and motivator of people though.  Strong personality types.  Perform well in high pressure scenarios.  That’s the gig.   

hard to see how he can do that well when every small market reporter seems to have him fumbling and panicking so consistently to simple questions.  

Coked out WWE sounding Campbell might be able to talk into running into a brick wall at least once.    

and the Panthers need better PR folks when it comes to Rhule.   He has so many bad appearances out there on camera.   If they can’t stop them then they need to start showing some behind the scenes stuff to even it out where he looks the part IMO.    

And I’ve said for awhile Rhule would help himself by just not talking.  And the Panthers do seem to have dialed back how much they put him out front of late. 

One of the biggest keys to Campbell looking better than expected so far is that he has a VERY strong staff with a lot of NFL experience. Rhule did not assemble that.

16 minutes ago, BrianS said:

The ‘process’ is just ‘try to get better everyday’.

That’s it. No more substance than that. 

How does a nfl player and team get better everyday? Rhule has no idea.

I listened and heard what I expected. No amount of talk is going to convince the skeptics so it really doesnt matter anyway. We are in the prove it stages. This is the put up or shut up season. Get Corral up to speed he's their only hope.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

Coked out WWE sounding Campbell might be able to talk into running into a brick wall at least once.    

coaching a football team and talking to the media is 100% different. One you can be unfiltered, direct and upfront. The other you have to watch every single word you say bc its being reported at the national stage. 

... Jayzus...used car salesman BS... I feel like we're in that ragtag bad news bears situation... good talent if you can get it to perform...we can go 4-13 or 10-7...but if its the former...i feel like the chrome cranial head of tepper will bring his azz back next year.  Just ready to see what we got.  We'll know by Nov...and then the BS will start all over again..