• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

High praise from CBS

NAS

15 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Everyone wants to blame Sam for the drop off week 4 on but when Horn went down the defense took a hit and not being able to go man to man and blitz like they were able to the first 3 weeks.

There's no room for logic here, sir.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

9 hours ago, Smithers said:

I don’t get the love for Lamar Jackson.  Dude is not an nfl caliber passer.  

Bro, he won a MVP.....he was a cheat code that year, like Cams 2015 year.....

Ds have a read on him now, except Andrews whom they triple....

trade a world of assets for him, given Darnold is at the helm...

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

On 6/3/2022 at 8:01 PM, Panthercougar68 said:

Everyone wants to blame Sam for the drop off week 4 on but when Horn went down the defense took a hit and not being able to go man to man and blitz like they were able to the first 3 weeks.

I don't blame Sam for the drop off.  When CMC and 2 OLmen went down, and then we traded away Arnold, the O was going to take a hit.  But Sam then starting throwing interceptions on first and 2nd down.  Take the sack, throw it away, but don't give them the ball.  It was just pure ass play at one point.   That's when I turned on him.

On 6/3/2022 at 8:01 PM, Panthercougar68 said:

I mean you also have to acknowledge the caliber of opponents we played the first 3 weeks too though. 

it’s a lot easier to go man on two rookie QBs both makings their NFL debuts.   And a team displaced by a hurricane with their coaching staff out. 

4 hours ago, poundaway said:

I don't blame Sam for the drop off.  When CMC and 2 OLmen went down, and then we traded away Arnold, the O was going to take a hit.  But Sam then starting throwing interceptions on first and 2nd down.  Take the sack, throw it away, but don't give them the ball.  It was just pure ass play at one point.   That's when I turned on him.

CMC was out for more games in 2020 than 2021 though.  He only played in 3 in 2020.    7 in 2021.  He can’t really be used in talking about the drop off.   

*he could be used in talking about both likely would have done better with him more available.  

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

CMC was out for more games in 2020 than 2021 though.  He only played in 3 in 2020.    7 in 2021.  He can’t really be used in talking about the drop off.   

*he could be used in talking about both likely would have done better with him more available.  

Huh?

We're talking about the drop off after game 3 and the there clearly was a drop off after the Houston game.  CMC went down game along with Horn.  Sheesh.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, poundaway said:

Huh?

We're talking about the drop off after game 3 and the there clearly was a drop off after the Houston game.  CMC went down game along with Horn.  Sheesh.

My bad.  Thought it was the offensive drop off from 2021 to 2020 being talked about.   It will be okay. 

Just inside the 2021 season? I addressed that in another post. yeah, CMC applies.   So does the caliber of opponent.  The first 3 were super weak.   It was talked about in real time when some were claiming we and Sam were good.  So does teams figuring out what we were doing with Sam and what we didn’t trust him to do.    Teams started to get fllm on him.  The staff was calling direct runs when it got tight because they didn’t trust him and things like that.   

I don’t think either drop off is that hard to figure out.  If Rhule couldn’t….that’s a problem.  

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

My bad.  Thought it was the offensive drop off from 2021 to 2020 being talked about.   It will be okay. 

Just inside the 2021 season? I addressed that in another post. yeah, CMC applies.   So does the caliber of opponent.  The first 3 were super weak.   It was talked about real time when someone were claiming we and Sam were good.  So does teams figuring what we were doing with Sam and what we didn’t trust him to do.    Teams started to get fllm on him.  The staff was calling direct runs when it got tight because they didn’t trust him and things like that.   

I don’t think either drop off is that hard to figure out.  If Rhule couldn’t….that’s a problem.  

The lack of adjustments was directly on the coaches. Also that Giants game was one of the worst play offensive calling experiences I've ever witnessed. I had a feeling we were in trouble when we basically got shut out in the 2nd half of that Jets week 1 game.

7 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean you also have to acknowledge the caliber of opponents we played the first 3 weeks too though. 

it’s a lot easier to go man on two rookie QBs both makings their NFL debuts.   And a team displaced by a hurricane with their coaching staff out. 

Rookie corners take time to get to speed for the nfl in general no matter the opponent…see Josh Norman and Bradbury. Horn is what I like to call “different” in a good way.