• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quarterback roster moves?

Stuart Smith

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

What's the point? Literally makes zero sense.  Cam should just wait until a QB is injured to sign somewhere.  I doubt he's signing anywhere with zero chance to be a QB1.  At least with an injury to a QB on a thin QB roster he'll have a chance of starting.  I can't see him willingly holding a clipboard all year.

Cam has already said that he'd be willing to take a backup role. He just wants to sign with a contender.  The time for him as QB1 looks to have passed. That's unfortunate, but real.

All that we can fantasize about now is him subbing for an injured teammate and having a Nick Foles-like journey to the Superbowl and victory.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Cam has already said that he'd be willing to take a backup role. He just wants to sign with a contender.  The time for him as QB1 looks to have passed. That's unfortunate, but real.

All that we can fantasize about now is him subbing for an injured teammate and having a Nick Foles-like journey to the Superbowl and victory.

Problem for Cam is all the teams he would fit on have young QBs where the coach might be worried about how a #1 would deal with it all.   Because even as a legit backup Cam is going to default into some form of leadership role. 

Like he make sense as goal line threat for someone like the Chargers.  Would take some  strain of Ekler who is injury prone.   But Herbert is still growing in that leadership role.  All the Brees, Eli’s, Rivers, etc that could of dealt with it are gone.  

Rams?  They have a QB and coach that could deal with it.  And the run game weakness.  That’s about the only team I could see Cam fitting on that meets his criteria. 

19 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The only acceptable trade for Mayfield would be a straight up swap for Darnold.  Would not give up any picks whatsoever. 

Their salaries are comparable (both too big and fully guaranteed). If Cleveland doesn't want to pay Mayfield's, they definitely won't want to pay Darnold. With what they're gonna pay Watson they are trying to offload as much of Mayfield's contract as possible. Trading straight up for Darnold wouldn't help them much-It'd be a pretty good move for us though. I'd rather pay 18+ million to Mayfield than Darnold.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol. I mean if they want to tank for a top 10 draft pick, sure.

Brissett can manage a game and get that team to mediocre to below average. Sam will have them nosediving for the bottom.

Them tanking only helps Houston at this point.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Sam would start over Brissett.

win%, comp%, TDs to INTs, QB rating, QBR.  Jacoby beats Sam on basically every metric.  Plenty of them are close but the huge disparity on TDs to INTs I think would comfortably put Jacoby ahead (pending you hadn't overpaid Sam and weren't letting the contract/investment dictate position). 

I'd personally put Jacoby in the Teddy tier.  So I'm not saying Jacoby is good but I'd start him or Teddy over Sam any day.  I think they are safe backup style QBs.  They aren't winning you games but they can have you in position for someone else to do it.