• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which current players would start on the 2015 team?

Zod

CMC, Moore, Moton.  That's all I'm putting onto the 2015 starting O.  

*Depends what the starting formation is.  2 TE or do I have a slot WR.  Robbie is the slot WR if we use that as the starting formation. 

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, Shaq(technically cheating), Taylor Moton(no brainer), CMC(this was close).

I don't think Burns gets in over Charles Johnson or Jared Allen. I know he is a better pass rusher but that team was top 10 against the run and I think Burns hurts more than helps as a starter. Definitely think he'd be excellent as a bench player.

I couldn't put Ikey over Oher because we literally haven't seen him play.

I couldn't put Horn over Norman or Tillman because they had great years in that scheme. They weren't an issue at all.

Good argument could be made for Chinn over Harper but Chinn's struggles in coverage(still unresolved) could be a problem.

Tillman got hurt and we ended up with Cortland Finnegan and Robert McClain starting as the nickel and #2 corners. Probably safe to include Horn in there.

Regarding Harper, he was slow and lacked some athleticism by that point. Chinn might be a push at worst, but with his instincts and Coleman playing center field I think Chinn would be an upgrade in that SS-type role near the LOS that Harper often played.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Zod said:

WRs obviously. Ryan Kalil. 

But who else? 

Both OTs

probably Burns.  

A healthy CMC?

Shaq Did start on that squad

i think Chinn starts over Roman Harper on that squad

Think Horn is talented enough to take the #2 CB from Peanut.  

And that’s it.

35 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Tillman got hurt and we ended up with Cortland Finnegan and Robert McClain starting as the nickel and #2 corners. Probably safe to include Horn in there.

Regarding Harper, he was slow and lacked some athleticism by that point. Chinn might be a push at worst, but with his instincts and Coleman playing center field I think Chinn would be an upgrade in that SS-type role near the LOS that Harper often played.

Well the question was for the season, so I took it as season and not that game specifically, so I wouldn't take Horn. Not to mention, he is an almost completely unknown quantity versus a highly productive and extremely experienced guy in Tillman. He definitely wouldn't be starting over Josh Norman.

Harper was a tough one. I just went with veteran over a guy that is really still pretty raw and learning. Plus, Chinn is pretty ineffective in pass coverage, so that would be a concern. To me, more so in a one season timeline than Harper's waning effectiveness. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Both OTs

probably Burns.  

A healthy CMC?

Shaq Did start on that squad

i think Chinn starts over Roman Harper on that squad

Think Horn is talented enough to take the #2 CB from Peanut.  

And that’s it.

Rookie Icky over 2015 Oher?  2015 Oher was so very solid. 

Basically rookie Horn over Peanut Tillman? 

2015 isn’t going 15-1 and to the Super Bowl any longer when you start making a bunch of those type tweaks.    Giving up consistency and a high standard for raw developing talent.  

• Pie 1