• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule "warming to" starting Darnold?

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

Behind a very good line Darnold will be a much better QB.

Statistically, he hasn’t been a better a QB when protection holds up.  

I keep going back to the Simms breakdown last year.   Sam just messes plays up.  Protection can be there.  Playcall is there.  Sam is late on the read and fugs the play up.  He just doesn’t have it between the ears.   As soon as he isn’t asked to check down to first read, bad Sam is inevitable. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have my doubts about that. Statistically he has struggled the most with a clean pocket.

True.  Most of us agree though that he was better the first three games before  CMC, OL injuries and the loss of Arnold.  He's not statistically good in a clean pocket, but his overall play is better when he's not running for his life 1 sec after the snap.  He is also better when we have a run game, which evaporated last year.   Sam will look better with a healthy line and run game.  Hopefully Robbie has exercised his demons, we'll see more of Tremble, and TMJ will take a step up.

5 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

Behind a very good line Darnold will be a much better QB.

Last year he was worse when he had time. I don’t understand you people who think all Darnold needs is a good line to be a good QB. If he was a good QB he could rise above a bad o-line. He hasn’t. A good line isn’t gonna make him a good QB. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, poundaway said:

True.  Most of us agree though that he was better the first three games before  CMC, OL injuries and the loss of Arnold.  He's not statistically good in a clean pocket, but his overall play is better when he's not running for his life 1 sec after the snap.  He is also better when we have a run game, which evaporated last year.   Sam will look better with a healthy line and run game.  Hopefully Robbie has exercised his demons, we'll see more of Tremble, and TMJ will take a step up.

A lot of those first three games was smoke and mirrors, TBH. It didn't take long for opponents to figure out what we were doing and proceed to dominate us for almost the entire remainder of the season.

Sam starting would be a disaster for us(the fans) because the chances of winning consistently will likely be small.

But, on the positive side, Rhule should be shown the door relatively quickly in the offseason. Well.....I hope. If we have another disaster season and we keep Rhule.....it's time to start protesting at the stadium.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

A lot of those first three games was smoke and mirrors, TBH. It didn't take long for opponents to figure out what we were doing and proceed to dominate us for almost the entire remainder of the season.

Sam starting would be a disaster for us(the fans) because the chances of winning consistently will likely be small.

But, on the positive side, Rhule should be shown the door relatively quickly in the offseason. Well.....I hope. If we have another disaster season and we keep Rhule.....it's time to start protesting at the stadium.

Everyone knows the best football is played early in the year duh. Also against bad and crippled teams.

I don't think we will have to wait long. Then again they can beg Cam to come back to distract us again...

• Beer 1