• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker may be happening today.

Zod

10 minutes ago, BlueBuck24 said:

This franchise really has no vision, or actual plan, does it? Just a bunch of random moves cobbled together.

it's 1000% working.   You just can't see it. 

They need to trash the Jay-Z model and adopt the John Cena mantra. 

See the source image

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

You go from an unplayable quarterback to a league average one. Ideally, he can be a formidable bridge QB ala Alex Smith who’s good enough to allow you to be decently competitive while you wait to make a move and pounce for a legitimate franchise guy.

This makes no sense at all to me because its too much of a reactionary move.  So we are going to give up draft capital for an average qb that is probably going to hurt your draft status in the long run when you just drafted a qb that you had a first round grade on.   Baker would literally be a one year rental and that doesnt do jack poo in the grand scheme of things.  Also I seriously doubt Baker is the mentor that Smith was.  There are dozens of articles detailing the relationship of mahomes and smith and how smith knew what the big picture was and was okay with it.   You think poo head Baker is going to have the same mindset? 

Again trading for Baker may be a slightly less

retarded version of trading for darnold.   Its fuging insanity

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Supposedly it's been Fitterer pushing the Baker deal and Rhule hasn't been necessarily on board with the Baker trade.

If true, that is exactly the opposite way I would have predicted that situation to be.

We don't even know who the source is on that other than that it's been repeated on the Huddle.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Talk about a tectonic shift. Watson has caused a huge rift in the NFL. Cleveland loses Mayfield, Atlanta loses Ryan, Texans lose Watson, and Cleveland will pay a kings ransom for a potential legal nightmare. What if the silver lining is that the panthers get a hungry, vindictive Mayfield and we become competitive again. If not, maybe the fan base could grow with all of the new Mayfield commercials. Tepper will have to do something to replace all of these soon to be empty seats (according to the Huddle) once Mayfield is a Panther.

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 1

I'm torn here.

I think Baker is a pompous ass and needs some humble pie. Not sure if a disgruntled QB with an attitude like his is the best thing for the locker room.

If we're looking just at 2022, he is our best option and can come at a decent price.

If we're looking at 2022 as a throwaway year, start Corral and see what we have there. 

Corral is low risk high reward. Look at Tom Brady and Russell Wilson's contracts, they could build winners because of those third round and sixth round contracts.

Corral feels just like Aaron Rodgers did, they are very similar, let him take it out on the NFL. Treat him like the first rounder he should have been if not for the decoys.

Get on that bandwagon NOW instead of contract time when he's looking at you sideways for jumping on the bandwagon late. Or making him jump through unnecessary hoops.

Engine, engine #9

Get him ready and if he falls, pick him up, pick him up, pick him up!

Screenshot_20220504-141021~2.png

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Supposedly it's been Fitterer pushing the Baker deal and Rhule hasn't been necessarily on board with the Baker trade.

If true, that is exactly the opposite way I would have predicted that situation to be.

what reporter has put that out? 

For the record, a Baker/Corral punch is far better than a Darnold/Corral combo. That said, it's still not worth giving up more than a late-round pick and a few million dollars at the absolute most. 

Fitterer and Rhule, and Tepper for that matter, have a plan and stick to it -- until literally any new development happens, and said plan is right out the window. No need to tell me I'm being negative -- there's nothing but evidence to back it up.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

We don't even know who the source is on that other than that it's been repeated on the Huddle.

Indeed. Hence the heavy use of qualifiers on it.

I would be genuinely surprised if Fitterer wanted Baker more than Rhule. It just seems like such a no-brainer that Baker would be a Rhule want.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This makes no sense at all to me because its too much of a reactionary move.  So we are going to give up draft capital for an average qb that is probably going to hurt your draft status in the long run when you just drafted a qb that you had a first round grade on.   Baker would literally be a one year rental and that doesnt do jack poo in the grand scheme of things.  Also I seriously doubt Baker is the mentor that Smith was.  There are dozens of articles detailing the relationship of mahomes and smith and how smith knew what the big picture was and was okay with it.   You think poo head Baker is going to have the same mindset? 

Again trading for Baker may be a slightly less

retarded version of trading for darnold.   Its fuging insanity

I mean I’m expecting the draft capital here is no more than a fifth. There’s still value in those but obviously more times than not those players don’t make it five years in the league. 

It’s not the same as trading for Darnold because Baker has actually proven he is an NFL starting QB unlike Sam ever has. I agree he seems like a douche but honestly this team was so fuging soft last year maybe we could use some of this energy.

Corral was the 94th pick. If he were anywhere near being ready to play he would have gone much sooner

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Indeed. Hence the heavy use of qualifiers on it.

I would be genuinely surprised if Fitterer wanted Baker more than Rhule. It just seems like such a no-brainer that Baker would be a Rhule want.

Kinda hard to buy the notion that the guy who was pounding the drum to draft a rookie and build around him is the same guy pushing for Baker Mayfield.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Talk about a tectonic shift. Watson has caused a huge rift in the NFL. Cleveland loses Mayfield, Atlanta loses Ryan, Texans lose Watson, and Cleveland will pay a kings ransom for a potential legal nightmare. What if the silver lining is that the panthers get a hungry, vindictive Mayfield and we become competitive again. If not, maybe the fan base could grow with all of the new Mayfield commercials.

Yeah,

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Beer 1