• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Henderson

ncfan

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

I hope he finds what he needs here, is wonderfully happy and then turns out a fantastic season for us. It's a tough job and one that wears on the soul as much as the body. 

And as we all know, there's something to be said for being in a bad work environment.That poo just eats away at you. 

• Pie 2

59 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Carolina is a better situation then jax?

Carolina this year is no doubt a better situation than Jacksonville last year.  Its not even really a question.  Rhule might not be good at being an NFL coach, but Urban Myer was probably one of the worst choices in the history of the NFL.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean Urban Meyer was kicking kickers and parting in bars after getting his ass kicked.  It's one thing to be bad at coaching (Rhule), it's another to be a toxic asshole to your team and be forced to resign midseason.  Hell they also had the worst record two years in a row.  I think Jax might look better THIS year with better QB play and a better coach, but when CJ was there it was a poo show.  

18 hours ago, stbugs said:

Darnold and Mayfield were both picked higher than CJ. Tons of busts in the top 10 so it really doesn’t matter where you were picked after you get in the NFL except that CJ isn’t cheap like say Taylor including his 5th year option. As posted on the prior page, if a top 10 pick is available before their first contract ends, that’s a huge red flag.

Also, no need to bet anything. I don’t care that much but I’d rather have not given up pick 70. You know where I stand on this deal and where you stand.

Last note, I don’t care about where our pick was slated to be only where it ended up. If the coach and GM really thought we’d be giving up a pick that might have been 96 after Darnold beat Wilson in his first game, Mills in his first game and Winston/NO without their entire coaching staff, then I don’t trust their judgement in acquiring CJ. Let’s be honest our coach and GM have had what, one really good move so far in Reddick and a poo ton of bad to questionable moves. Reddick was self-interest as well. He knew how Rhule and Snow would use him and he leveraged that into his big deal this year.

Last, last note, it’s not that I think CJ will suck it heck that I was against trying out Darnold or even wanted Robby gone last year. It’s the fact that our boneheads couldn’t see the plain as day fact that we wouldn’t be competitive in 2020/2021 and they still spent and traded picks like we were 1 guy away. It’s very possible we could have played hardball and waited until Wilson was drafted or Darnold/CJ were released. We were beating down doors that were already open with no one else coming in.

If Money, watches, or first born isnt on the table. How about this- if CJ flat out sucks you give me your KK short treatment.......If CJ is a solid pro this yr, you must get CJ as your first avatar and keep it for the full year.

The GM and trust issues, I understand. The 2021 FA haul highlighted by Erv and Elf was terrible. I dont give them credit for Reddick/Anderson either, the rare rhule win, but anderson has nearly flipped after his great 7 games start... No question they should have "punted" the 2020 season too, it was perfect given coofus and rookie HC&staff. Lots to blame and far too many mistakes(especially @QB). My good is this past FA class, new coaching staff(minus WR and DL), and both drafts were done is vastly different means...... and I approved the results of each with the high number of 98.84%. 

• Pie 1

Doug Pederson/Lawerence

Matt Rhule/Sam Darnold and Corral

I think situations are largely defined by the HC/QB combo.   Which rebuild HC/QB combo would you rather be joining. 

Doug is a Super Bowl HC w/ a winning record.  Trevor is still a legit crazy talent....who played w/ no talent as a rookie and w/ a HC that made Rhule look ok. 

Just to add, he played at Florida and not everytime its a good thing to remain close to home.... Its hard to say NO to friends and family and its even harder face2face given they are local....

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Doug Pederson/Lawerence

Matt Rhule/Sam Darnold and Corral

I think situations are largely defined by the HC/QB combo.   Which rebuild HC/QB combo would you rather be joining. 

Doug is a Super Bowl HC w/ a winning record.  Trevor is still a legit crazy talent....who played w/ no talent as a rookie and w/ a HC that made Rhule look ok. 

It was a little big different when CJ was playing for JAX.  Replace Pederson with Meyer and Lawrence was still a rookie.  I mean they were picking number 1 (again) for a reason...  This year looks much different.

55 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It was a little big different when CJ was playing for JAX.  Replace Pederson with Meyer and Lawrence was still a rookie.  I mean they were picking number 1 (again) for a reason...  This year looks much different.

Last year Carolina ranks as a slightly better spot.   This year? You would rather be part of the Jags from a big picture perspective IMO. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

Last year Carolina ranks as a slightly better spot.   This year? You would rather be part of the Jags from a big picture perspective IMO. 

I agree. As a player playing for a coach like Urban would have been tough. Especially for a rookie. Pederson is solid. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 8:18 AM, kungfoodude said:

I really have to disagree with the first part of that statement. You rarely accidentally become a Pro Bowler. It's definitely not common.

Players who lack desire to be great or general love for football don't typically enjoy very long or successful careers. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/jordan-cameron-a-lot-of-us-in-the-nfl-dont-love-football/

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2