• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Latest big receiver payday - Terry McLaurin

Mr. Scot

16 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

12 mil guaranteed more than DJ....what a great deal for us. 

DJ could’ve gotten more on the open market no doubt.  I’m glad he stayed here, DJ is such an antithesis in personality when compared to your typical great WR.  But Scary Terry is a stud and it’s great to see the deserving guys get paid.  

Just now, trueblade said:

The market has changed pretty drastically since he signed that deal.

Yes, but mostly for the top-shelf guys in the tier of Adams and Hill. McLaurin's contract is closer to Moore's than theirs. Most, outside of some Panthers fans, would likely tell you that McLaurin is 9+ mil better than Moore (over three years).

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

McLaurin is a really good WR. I’m surprised he didn’t want to get on a more stable franchise but money talks! 

Comfort does too.

Some guys are just happy where they are and don't necessarily need to be the highest paid player at their position or part of the hottest team in the league.

I'd guess that's probably true of DJ Moore as well.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

Cool but contracts are not worth much in the NFL because they can be forced to be readdressed by either party. After AB anything could happen. Long gone are the days where teams have an iron grip outside of guaranteed money on the best players. Plus the Commies are pulling a full on WTF moves still lol. Hurneymagic lol