• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miles arrested on felony domestic violence

Captain Morgan

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

If Miles truly dedicates himself to ending domestic violence and his family forgives him, I can too. And I don't mean just mandated community service and throwing money at an organization. Like really being a public advocate and making a difference with your platform. That's a "second chance" story that I could proudly get behind.

I mention Vick a lot but Smitty is a good local example too. He's used his mistakes to make a positive impact with the work he's put into mental health awareness.

Using your girlfriend as a punching bag in front of your small children is deplorable. It’s going to take a lot more than a financial donation, a Twitter apology, and a 20 game suspension for this guy to get right with society. Handing him a 200 million dollar max contract is probably one of the worst things that could be done. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Using your girlfriend as a punching bag in front of your small children is deplorable. It’s going to take a lot more than a financial donation, a Twitter apology, and a 20 game suspension for this guy to get right with society. Handing him a 200 million dollar max contract is probably one of the worst things that could be done. 

No one is handing him a 200 million dollar max contract any time soon, if at all. Whether it's the Hornets or someone else, he'll get a low offer with a lot of stipulations in it. He'll have to prove himself on and off the court over probably 2-3 years before sniffing big money again. Obviously I feel for the girl above everything basketball related but in the context of the team, Hornets really lucked out that this happened before he got a max deal from us rather than after. If it happened after we'd be stuck with him on that deal. Now, we have options and hold all the cards.

Yeah count me as someone who will have little to no interest in watching Miles Bridges play for the Hornets. Apparently all the team has been doing through silence is waiting for this all to blow over. Pretty damn scummy tbh. And for the fans this is Greg Hardy meets nearly Rae Carruth. If you can just go back to cheering for that well no more needs to be said I guess.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

This man was drinking lean and went on IG business as usual at a basketball practice the day after nearly killing the mother of his child and you think he's going to become a domestic violence prevention advocate? He had obviously done this before too. In actuality he is only lucky he didn't kill her forget a redemption story.

We're lottery pick bound regardless let some other team deal with this drama. Neither look like they need custody of kids. Hiding out in his house saying he wants to be left alone. Newsflash you're a father and a millionaire big guy step up you aren't working a 9-5 at Arby's. Good luck with all that Miles.

2 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Hoping Miles redeems himself does not equal being okay that he beat up this woman. 

There is indeed an opinion between hoping he burns in hell, and only caring about him dunking a basketball.

For the sake of the kids I hope he does. But posting a video to paint the mother of your child in a bad light at the expense of making yourself out to look like a deadbeat father after pleading no contest to domestic violence is moving in the complete opposite direction of redemption. Someone with a functioning brain needs to get in his ear and tell him to grow up. But it's clear the people he has chose to surround himself with are only feeding this spiral that he has found himself in.

On 11/13/2022 at 8:00 AM, Wundrbread33 said:

Hoping Miles redeems himself does not equal being okay that he beat up this woman. 

There is indeed an opinion between hoping he burns in hell, and only caring about him dunking a basketball.

For sure but I agree with @frankw that it's looking unlikely. He showed more remorse when he threw his mouthpiece at the fan.

The redemption story fits the man we thought he was but it's becoming increasingly clear that the real Miles Bridges is not that guy.

• Pie 1