• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why so much pessimism for Baker.

Alemanders

I’m fine with it but I have one fear:

Baker looks average but slightly better than what Teddy did, we are competitive or maybe even sneak in as a wildcard, and then we pay him out of fear and settle. 

I like Corral/(maybe the prospect of a rookie next draft) more than Sam and Baker, so if Baker is just average, I still hope we move on.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I am happy with it because 2/3 of the QB's on our roster(definitely assuming PJ is a goner) I can stomach watching play, even if they aren't world beaters.

With Baker or Corral, there is at least some hope of watching something better than the worst QB play in the NFL. 

We just have to hope Rhule isn't dumb enough to still start Darnold.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1) Faker is a dramatic crybaby douche. He has talked an exorbitant amount of trash about UT football despite growing up in Austin and had the gall to go to OU. He’s a coward and he will never redeem himself in my eyes for that.

2) He flat out SUCKS. The Browns thought so little of him they were willing to trade 3 first round picks for an accused sexual predator who might not even play this season. They paid $10m to send Faker out the door. They basically gave him away. 

3) Even if I’m wrong and Faker looks better than I believe he will, the Panthers are a dumpster fire. Matt Rhule as we all know is not suited to be an NFL head coach. The roster is littered with injury prone star players. David Tepper has no idea what he’s doing football wise. It’s a mess, and Faker is a wildcard to create a mess of drama on this sinking ship.

So excuse me if I’m not excited. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 17

Hated Baker in Cleveland, as person and player. The hype here revolves around him being better than Sam which is a sadly low bar and pure desperation of Rhule's 3rd losing year which is unavoidable.

Until Corral gets a shot I feel the same as I did last year, IDGAF and just want to see Rhule fired so we can start talking about more than crap level football.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Agreed - but it’s not my job to develop a strategy or plan for this team.  It is my job, as a fan, to cheer and “hope” 

I think that’s the problem most of us have that don’t like this trade. The people in charge of this organization have shown us failures over and over with their QB selections. Teddy, Sam, Cam, etc. I was joking with my brother last week that if this staff wants a QB you can almost guarantee they’re going to be bad. 

A lot of us have hope in that family member that is a constant f*ck up, but deep down we know they won’t change. You can be a fan and also have realistic expectations. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I’m fine with it but I have one fear:

Baker looks average but slightly better than what Teddy did, we are competitive or maybe even sneak in as a wildcard, and then we pay him out of fear and settle. 

I like Corral/(maybe the prospect of a rookie next draft) more than Sam and Baker, so if Baker is just average, I still hope we move on.

so Baker does decent with a 500 record +/-1 either way they give him 22 to 25 million for 2024 to play.  If he does bad, we have Corral in the wings waiting.  He has at least a year to be ready to show if he is NFL caliber QB.

• Pie 1