• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp QB predictions..

Zod

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Does he really have that much of one, though?

Sam has had roughly 12 weeks in the playbook already. We are roughly 6 weeks away from preseason game #2 and 9 weeks away from Week 1.

Assuming both are capable of learning at a similar rate and the offense has done most of its install, Sam already knows what Baker will know by that time.

For those interested, Corral has 8-9 weeks in the playbook at this point.

Edited by Evil Hurney
  • Pie 1

Just now, Evil Hurney said:

Sam has had roughly 12 weeks in the playbook already. We are roughly 6 weeks away from preseason game #2 and 9 weeks away from Week 1.

Assuming both are capable of learning at a similar rate and the offense has done most of it's install, Sam already knows what Baker will know by that time.

Mayfield's had to learn from four different OCs in his career and still managed to look at least decent doing it.

To be honest though, I feel like the whole "QB competition" thing is just coachspeak anyway.

I may be alone in my thinking, but if another team has a quarterback go down in trading camp I can see Darnold being moved. This may seem unlikely, Carolina would have to take back a lot of salary. Also, is Sam considered so damaged no one would come calling? I know the “competition in training camp” is being talked up, but I believe Mayfield was brought in to be the starter. 

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Corral passing waivers?

Schitts Creek What GIF by CBC

Igo, this is the most worried I've been about you smoking some illicit substances. There is no way in the world that Corral is going to be waived!

I believe he means putting Corral on the practice squad.  If you want to put a player on the PS, first you have to subject them to the waiver process.  Then, if another team signs said player, I believe they have to keep them on the 53 man roster. 

• Beer 2

6 hours ago, CRA said:

I’ll believe it when I see it.  Rhule has managed everything about the QB position horribly.  I got no faith that changes.  We just pointlessly added Baker.  So I suspect Rhule will continue to make Corral as pointless as possible. 

I think PJ has crazy high odds of being on the practice squad.  Rules allow it now.   Corral is on the regular roster and plays the role of emergency QB most of the season. 

Rhules dumb ass might even promote PJ from the practice squad for a game or 2 over playing Corral in an emergency situation.