• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp QB predictions..

Zod

So, we have actual competition at QB and not just babying Sam Darnold in the hopes his feelings mend and he improves. (Last season)

So, does Sam hold Baker off or is it Baker Baker Baker right out of the gate.

Also, backup QB. Do the Panthers keep 3 on the roster? They have to right? No way Corral passes waivers. 

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I’m beyond thrilled at the thought of PJ not being on the roster 

I’ll believe it when I see it.  Rhule has managed everything about the QB position horribly.  I got no faith that changes.  We just pointlessly added Baker.  So I suspect Rhule will continue to make Corral as pointless as possible. 

I think PJ has crazy high odds of being on the practice squad.  Rules allow it now.   Corral is on the regular roster and plays the role of emergency QB most of the season. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Im sure it will be a "battle" until Sam get those happy feet and we turn to Baker for the rest of the season.. I assume it will happen in Traninig camp or during a preseason game..

no way Baker isn't starting week 1 vs Browns

Edited by bLACKpANTHER

31 minutes ago, Zod said:

So, we have actual competition at QB 

Do we?

I know that's the official story but I think reality is that barring injury or something crazy, the starting job belongs to Mayfield.

As far as the rest, I agree Rhule won't want to let go of PJ Walker. This year, that probably means practice squad.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Zod said:

So, we have actual competition at QB and not just babying Sam Darnold in the hopes his feelings mend and he improves. (Last season)

So, does Sam hold Baker off or is it Baker Baker Baker right out of the gate.

Also, backup QB. Do the Panthers keep 3 on the roster? They have to right? No way Corral passes waivers. 

I think the fact Baker is gathering all the skill positions to work out with says hes either very confident hes going to beat out Sam or the coaching staff has already told him hes most likely going to be the starter, or both.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Do we?

I know that's the official story but I think reality is that barring injury or something crazy, the starting job belongs to Mayfield.

As far as the rest, I agree Rhule won't want to let go of PJ Walker. This year, that probably means practice squad.

Agree. I think Sam is cut or traded. Corral will be the backup 

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I think the fact Baker is gathering all the skill positions to work out with says hes either very confident hes going to beat out Sam or the coaching staff has already told him hes most likely going to be the starter, or both.  

I am about 1000% sure they told him he would be starting prior to the trade.  

baker will be the QB day one against the browns. we'll win that one and the next week against the giants, but we won't win much more after that.

i seriously doubt we cut darnold. darnold is where baker was until someone was desperate enough to trade for him. the only team that is desperate enough to trade for darnold is trying to get rid of him.

and we'll find a way to keep PJ on the team...maybe practice squad? 

if we try to put Corrall on the practice squad and PJ on the regular roster....

Best Gif Reaction GIF

• Pie 2