• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The key to the season

ladypanther

35 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

So?  I'm afraid he alone will not be enough to change the smell coming from BOA. 

But I have come to accept the fact that I will have to endure the Rhule process until the bitter end. He's done a decent attempt to piece together a better offense this season at least I will give him that.

But I digress,  fug Baker Mayfield.

QB coach in 2020 with Jax and a consultant in Dallas last year...not even a full coach but he got let in the meeting room lol.

I don’t get the love outside of desperation. That guy has been going nowhere for years but he will save our season? That is a bad bet. The McAdoo is a good NFL coach is another Sam is basically a rookie type rationale from people who allow so much unnecessary disappointment.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

LOL…nope the 4th quarter is way more important obviously 

third quarter shows the adjustments---of course the fourth quarter ends with the final score, but if the game is lost before then, as often was the case, I disagree.

• Pie 5

4 hours ago, pantherj said:

Our offense will be play action pass to try and free up targets for Mayfield to make easier throws. That will work just fine given our talent level UNLESS CMC is injured. If we lose CMC then it's a poop show until he returns.

Which is a damn shame. Here we are the 3rd year in a row we are praying CMC stays healthy and trotting out a throwaway QB hoping he will have a career year under the tutelage of a bunch of has been or never where coaches. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

Here we are the 3rd year in a row we are praying CMC stays healthy and trotting out a throwaway QB hoping he will have a career year under the tutelage of a bunch of has been or never were coaches. 

True.

However, hope springs eternal in the hearts of fans...

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The 3rd quarter slump was actually just a continuation of the 2nd quarter cliff and though it shows on both sides of the ball,  it is very pronounced on the O side:

image.thumb.png.90257bacd0141d8aa46590086ad5d09a.png
This fits with what we saw in the game, a good first couple drives and then suck for 2 quarters. 

I ran epa charts looking at  Baker himself, in 2020 and the Giants in 2014 and 2015 when McAdoo was OC( https://rbsdm.com/stats/stats/) hoping that we would see improvement here.  Baker's drop off is in the 4th quarter.    McAdoo shows a similar drop off, BUT he starts off at a much higher EPA.

If you look, very few teams in the top right quadrant stay there.  You have the Bucs, that it.  The real problem isn't we drop off, its that our peak is so fricking low.  We wouldn't care if we started out top right and dropped to middle top right.  The problem is our QB, OL and OC sucked last year.    Lets hope they suck less this year.

• Pie 2