• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are gonna shock the world!

joemac

1 hour ago, Cary Kollins said:

Agree. The hate from the national media just shows how little they actually watch the panthers. We were like 1-7 in one score games last year, and that was with the worst offensive line and bad to terrible QB play. No team in the NFL can win without a competent line. With all the additions to the o-line, d-line and injured players coming back healthy, there’s no reason this team doesn’t make the playoffs in a very weak NFC. 

You may recall prior to the 2015 session when Kelvin Benjamin got hurt EVERYONE, including many Panthers fans, thought the Panthers were headed for a lost season. We all know how that turned out. 

The NFL is designed for teams to go from rags to riches, and barring more devastating injuries, there’s plenty of reason to believe the Panthers are due for contention.  

Or it shows that they have been paying attention since the mastermind of the teams that have been 3-14 in one-score games since 2020 is still in place. Until he proves otherwise on the field, Rhule has 2 years of showing nothing indicating he's an NFL-caliber coach and it's completely fair to always have that 'but' at the end when analyzing the Panthers.

Will that change this season? Perhaps. Until then though, to quote John Fox, it is what it is.

• Beer 3

40 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I am going to take that bet. I think that 6 is the floor not the ceiling. We won 5 last year with no offense to speak of and a rotating cast of qbs.  With just the additions we added and barring catastrophic injuries to one position or another, we should be good for 8 or 9 wins with Baker. I really think we will contend this year.  We have a QB who knows how to win unlike Sam who never experienced it in the NFL. 

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Both sam and Baker each have 1 season over 6 wins.  I think you are propping up baker just a weekend bit

It is before training camp with every reason to be optimistic. Remember this was Cleveland and the 3 years before Baker got there they won a total of 4 games. And in 2017 they won 0, nada, zip. So for Baker to come in as a rookie and they win 7 was huge. Huge. Then in 2020 to take them to the playoffs and win 11 was amazing. 6 wins was the lowest that Cleveland won with Baker.  With Baker's 4 years they went 32-32-1  and the 4 years before him they went 11-53. I think he had a legitimate beef about being dumped for Watson.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 2

38 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Both sam and Baker each have 1 season over 6 wins.  I think you are propping up baker just a weekend bit

2/4 for Baker are over 6 wins for him.  (He got 7 as a rookie).  He also went 6-8 last year with one shoulder which from a % standpoint is much better than we have been winning.  Not saying he is the answer, but he should be a upgrade.  

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, trueblade said:

I can't see the Saints and 9ers as wildcard teams. 

People are really underestimating how much losing Payton is going to hurt the Saints. Lance is a huge question mark [for SF].

Cardinals, Vikings, Eagles as wildcard teams.

And we beat the Cards, and took the Vikings to OT last year.  This year we'll have CMC, Horn, Icky, Corbett, Bozeman, a healthy Marshal, Hekker, Roberts and  Mayfield.  On the coaching side  Mcadoo, Wilks, Tabor, and Campen, all superior to last years counterparts.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Actionman0z said:

We were 5-12 last year with a less talented roster, and lost 7 games by 1 score or less. Quit being a bitch

All of those one score losses with a terrible offensive line, no CmC, no JC Horn, and a terrible QB who wouldn't throw it more than 10 yards down the field. If we win just half of those games, that's  8-9 wins. I think the Panthers are about to surprise some people.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sam didn't hold the rookie touchdown record while playing only 14 games and become runner up for rookie of the year.  Sam didn't defeat a division rival in the playoffs that had dominated his team for decades.  Sam's deep ball accuracy is shlt while Baker's is top 10.  Sam looks nervous and scared in the pocket while Baker looks cocky as shlt.

Baker has over 60 TD passes and 3 ints in the redzone. 

Maybe Baker is just luckier than Sam, but we could use a bit a luck as well.

A reasonable case cannot be made that Sam is on par with Baker.  He's just not.  I can't believe there's so much Sam love here after last year. 

• Pie 3