• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule PC today ahead of training camp

Captain Morgan

57 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

On paper, and maybe I am drunk on preseason optimism, but I think we are better than last year.  I worry about DE/OLB, Left OL, QB, CMC's health, Anderson's mental condition, and linebacker--not many people worrying about that--but I think we need a stud MLB and I do not see it.

You have to like the effort to improve QB, OL, and ST. Ive done this longer enough, its hard to fix one group/spot. They pulled off those three, *within* reason. The coaches of those groups were about the best options in panthers terms. 

Will it allow wins...?.?.... dont know, but it had to help at bare min... Without much luck this could be a career(panther wise) year for the following groups- QB, OL, DB, and ST. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You have to like the effort to improve QB, OL, and ST. Ive done this longer enough, its hard to fix one group/spot. They pulled off those three, *within* reason. The coaches of those groups were about the best options in panthers terms. 

Will it allow wins...?.?.... dont know, but it had to help at bare min... Without much luck this could be a career(panther wise) year for the following groups- QB, OL, DB, and ST. 

last season, they thought the addressed the OL on day 1 of free agency (we hated the OL acquisitions then, and rightly so) and they really thought the QB position had been addressed or we'd have Fields right now.  I think they are taking a wiser, more practical approach to this season, fwiw.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

last season, they thought the addressed the OL on day 1 of free agency (we hated the OL acquisitions then, and rightly so) and they really thought the QB position had been addressed or we'd have Fields right now.  I think they are taking a wiser, more practical approach to this season, fwiw.

tru, but I didnt agree with them- erv, elf, or sam were not answers. Ickey, boze, colbert, baker, corral, heckler, roberts, mcadoo, campey, and tabor are much better attempts. Praise needs to follow finesererererer and dan morgan. Wish they had more time, cause that is the biggest issue in front. These new groups have to come together and figure it out.  

Trades and cut are still on the table, fineseseesesrrreerer will be trying to improve the DL/LB units....good thing LB is one of the better groups quality wise come cuts.. 

52 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I'm very anti-Rhule but no question that the offseason actually resembled an actual NFL franchise this year. Need to see it on the field at this point but it was cuts above the Erving/Elflein clown show.

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

Man keeping PJ makes no sense. Reps need to be split between 3, not 4

They have enough players in camp to where this isn’t a problem. Typically they bring in QBs just as a camp arm.

PJ will be gone after camp.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Free agent DT Danny Shelton is visiting the the #Panthers, source said. Some potential DL depth before camp.

This is a bigger dude (340-350lbs, at just under 6'2). A 1st round pick several years ago, but has been more or less a rotational player. If he signs he may be the run-stuffer we need on early downs (fingers crossed we find someone who is)

Edited by Michael G

19 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I'm very anti-Rhule but no question that the offseason actually resembled an actual NFL franchise this year. Need to see it on the field at this point but it was cuts above the Erving/Elflein clown show.

Plenty threads of me calling out those moves, along with Darnold. Just about every move besides WR and DL coach(may have missed couple more Edit: Ian "mfing" Thomas), I truly liked. Truth told I like Boze > Colbert even though Col got the bigger bag. Yea RHule is still here and yes the QB is up in the air. Still theres lots of approved moves if you/others can take a break. Its a real improvement form those 3 groups coaching included. ST can and does win NFL games and given most games are one scores away, that is towards the benefit of the panthers given all the moves. Wilson is a ST ace and the way Gonzalez kicked this unit could surpise a few teams given Heckler and Roberts were ALL-decade NFLers.

Tabor is a proven top 10 master and he puts heavy stress on other teams with his play calls, be sure to watch this group closely. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Pakmeng said:

You are trying way too hard. It's not that complex of a statement to understand 

He isn't required to be a mouthpiece for the staff and front office. It's their job to sell their team identity to the fanbase not the other way around. There have been some dramatic takes about Rhule the last few months but when Matt makes comments like these before camp that is of course only going to further stir the pot.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

He isn't required to be a mouthpiece for the staff and front office. It's their job to sell their team identity to the fanbase not the other way around. There have been some dramatic takes about Rhule the last few months but when Matt makes comments like these before camp that is of course only going to further stir the pot.

Rhule digs his own holes with the nonsense that he says. It's comical at times, with gems like "Most teams lose because they don’t know why they lost."

• Poo 1

I don’t think Rhule has ever watched this team. When we have a good defense, the next year it goes bad. With the holes we have a defense, I don’t think we will be in top 10 for the season. It’s was shown last year once the NFL OC’s figure out our defense we were a normal defense, not an elite D. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1