• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First practice day

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Agreed, I don’t like Rhule, I still question nearly everything he does.. but this is to be expected. If we are still doing this come the second preseason game then it’ll be a little concerning but I’d prefer not to panic on the first day.

I do disagree somewhat with making Ekwonu start at the bottom. Hell, I'm pretty sure Jordan Gross took some early LT starter reps even though he didn't end up playing there his rookie season.

Mind you, he got his ass handed to him by Julius Peppers, but hey that's how it works in the pros. 

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

So what is the official QB rep split 

Sam and Baker alternate days between the 1s and 2s.  

What’s Corral get? That’s my worry on developing Corral.  You got two meh QBs ahead of him that Rhule is probably going to treat like a battle of Brady/Peyton. 

think big picture roster would be better with Sam out.  Baker needs all the 1 reps.   Then Corral gets legit backup reps to grow

It was earlier in the thread, but the rep split today was Sam - 10, Baker - 10, Corral - 3, PJ - 3.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I do disagree somewhat with making Ekwonu start at the bottom. Hell, I'm pretty sure Jordan Gross took some early LT starter reps even though he didn't end up playing there his rookie season.

Mind you, he got his ass handed to him by Julius Peppers, but hey that's how it works in the pros. 

For me it was Bozeman getting second team reps behind Elflein.

I said in another thread that it seems as if Rhule is going to make every new acquisition show that they are better than what’s in front of them. There’s not necessarily anything wrong with that but it’s definitely a collegesque approach to have that philosophy with every position and every player. I don’t necessarily think I’d have that same approach with a pro team.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

13 minutes ago, Michael G said:

An interesting observation.

The oline didn't do him favors but he stared down receivers all through the season last year even defenders talked about this. It's what he does and what will happen when the real games are played.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

The oline didn't do him favors but he stared down receivers all through the season last year even defenders talked about this. It's what he does and what will happen when the real games are played.

💯 

The only reason Darnold looked competent last year in the beginning  is he because he got all of the reps in TC with the scripted plays. The team was also playing with enthusiasm and a healthy CMC. As soon as he faced adversity and had to adjust he got destroyed and embarrassed.

• Beer 1

Just now, OneBadCat said:

💯 

The only reason Darnold looked competent last year in the beginning  is he because he got all of the reps in TC with the scripted plays. The team was also playing with enthusiasm and a healthy CMC. As soon as he faced adversity and had to adjust he got destroyed and embarrassed.

and we played the jets with a rookie qb

and we played the saints with no coaching staff

and we played houston with a rookie qb and poo roster

the 3-0 start was textbook smoke and mirrors

• Pie 4