• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Friday

Zod

6 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Just doing a little research on Matt Corral and found an interesting interview with his mother. She talked about being pregnant with Matt, how she didn't get sick while carrying him, didn't have to take any days off, and how her original due date was in March of '99 but Matt arrived in January two months early.

All hail, the Golden Child 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don’t know the history of it.  They could be serious.  Players do have family and friends that take to the internet 

Remember when Burt Jennings got on here and started talking crazy only to get caught and then tried to cover his tracks 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don’t know the history of it.  They could be serious.  Players do have family and friends that take to the internet 

Read his posts and look no further. Troll account crying about how good Sam is and calling people “sheep.” 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule has consistently mismanaged the QB spot horrifically since the day he was hired.   I merely am a suggesting he continues doing what he does.  

I mean pick year.  Any year would sound crazy if called in advance.  That’s just Matt Rhule effect. 

"Continuing to do what he does" would mean he would start Baker Week 1.  He brought in Teddy in 2020 -> Teddy started Week 1.  He brought in Sam Darnold 2021 -> Darnold started Week 1.  He brought in Baker 2022 -> he...doesn't...start Week 1?  Huh?  That directly contradicts what Rhule has done thus far.

Continuing to vaguely allude to "the Matt Rhule effect" just seems like carte blanche to propose whatever wildly irrational scenario your imagination can conjure up.  Trading 9 1st round picks for Jacoby Brissett?  I could totally see it, because "Matt Rhule effect".  Cutting Brian Burns and replacing him with the waterboy?  Oh for sure...Matt Rhule effect!!!

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

"Continuing to do what he does" would mean he would start Baker Week 1.  He brought in Teddy in 2020 -> Teddy started Week 1.  He brought in Sam Darnold 2021 -> Darnold started Week 1.  He brought in Baker 2022 -> he...doesn't...start Week 1?  Huh?  That directly contradicts what Rhule has done thus far.

Continuing to vaguely allude to "the Matt Rhule effect" just seems like carte blanche to propose whatever wildly irrational scenario your imagination can conjure up.  Trading 9 1st round picks for Jacoby Brissett?  I could totally see it, because "Matt Rhule effect".  Cutting Brian Burns and replacing him with the waterboy?  Oh for sure...Matt Rhule effect!!!

Again, I’m talking about how he always mismanages it….every year.  It’s a running theme.  How he goes about that has varied every year.  But the fact he has made a mess of it is the constant.  

Pick a year where he didn’t.  It seems you are suggesting he hasn’t made a mess of it every year.  Again, I’m just betting it continues.  It’s his calling card.  And it always varies how he goes about the mess.  

I had some enthusiasm for this season for about 2 weeks but I’ve been waterboarded by rhulisms back into “meh” mode. 

I hope I’m wrong but everything looks and sounds the same as previous years. Weird line combinations that make no sense. Inferior players getting more reps in practice than talented rookies, guys playing out of position. We’ll see 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, SammyFranchise said:

Ah Durrrr Are ArE WE GeTTinG ANgrY?🤣

You argue like a child. Go read book and watch some Baker Mayfield highlights simpleton. 

Mayfield had more highlights last year, in his not so good, injured year, than Darnold has in 4 years of starting. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

Matt sighting!

I really hope he can get the above shoulders part right.  That ball comes out so fast man.  I would have liked to see the placement higher - that's a tall receiver.  Could just be a timing issue.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

Again, I’m talking about how he always mismanages it….every year.  It’s a running theme.  How he goes about that has varied every year.  But the fact he has made a mess of it is the constant.  

Pick a year where he didn’t.  It seems you are suggesting he hasn’t made a mess of it every year.  Again, I’m just betting it continues.  It’s his calling card.  And it always varies how he goes about the mess.  

Really?  How are you arriving to that interpretation?

Yes he has mismanaged the QB situation every year, but I think his mismanagement is a lot simpler and straightforward than you're making it out to be.  His mismanagement has been a result of him bringing in a bad QB to lead this team in back-to-back years.  What is some of this variability you're referring to?  What are some of the other ways he's mismanaged the QB situation beyond simply bringing a bad one in?

I'm the only one here looking at Rhule's history with the QB position and extrapolating that to predict how he handles it this year.  I told you he brought in Teddy in 2020 and started him Week 1, he brought in Sam Darnold in 2021 and started him Week 1, and he brought in Baker Mayfield and is likely to start him Week 1 based on his pattern of behavior thus far.  He consistently brings in a new QB every year when the previous one fails.  Regardless of how much variability you think there is in his mismanagement, that is the one consistent theme with Rhule year after year.  You on the other hand are suggesting Rhule this year is going to do the exact opposite of what he has done the last two years.