• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Wednesday 8-10 Discussion

rayzor

7 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Just look at how KC handled Mahomes, who was a much higher draft pick and is obviously a very good QB. That model worked pretty well.  I think that as long as the team avoids major injuries, Baker will lead the team to a few more wins.  Then, if needed can give him a tag year and let Coral be the #2. Unless of course, the staff thinks Coral is ready.

You are underestimating Baker.

I’m excited to see Baker and Corral Saturday.

I’m hopeful Baker becomes a top 10-12 QB like he was in 2020 and at the same time I’m excited about Matt Corral. Corral was my favorite QB in the draft.

I’m not expecting to see much from Corral on Saturday. He is at a massive disadvantage given his lack of reps throughout practice. Which is something I hope everyone remembers come Saturday. 

Wasting reps on Sam is the most baffling thing in the world. They’re wasting valuable reps that would greatly benefit Baker. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

6 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

That sucks for the guy. He went from lucky to be in the NFL to running with the 1's. I know he was still an on the bubble guy, but he had a real shot. 3-4 weeks off will not do him any favors. Looking like he's PS bound.

The training camp hype around him reminds me of anther small slow camp phenom reciever whose name I can't even rember back when it was just Delhomme to Smitty.. Zod hyped him hard as the slot guy.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The training camp hype around him reminds me of anther small slow camp phenom reciever whose name I can't even rember back when it was just Delhomme to Smitty.. Zod hyped him hard as the slot guy.

Aside from people calling him the "shifty checkdown guy" I think Higgins and Shi a way ahead of him on the explosive play scale. Every CJ saunders college clip I've seen his him running out of bounds or immediately going down as soon as someone gets a fingertip on him. Him and Sam would be an incredibly boring combo in an actual game

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Drafting and free agency don't necessarily get credited to Rhule, especially not this year.

As far as the other, show me wins and then we can talk.

It's been reported he still has final say over the roster. Sure, maybe he feels pressure from Tepper resulting in him deferring to Scott more, but I consider that improvement and he deserves some credit for it. I completely agree though that all the ultimately matters is wins and we need to see it this year.

People love to hate on Nippleshorts and he definitely had his issues but the bottom line is that the most successful period in team history by far was under the Gettleman/Rivera combo. From 2013-2017 we had 4 seasons out of 5 in the playoffs, 3 of those making the divisional round or further. The Hurney/Rivera combo was an absolute disaster, in 2 different stints. Hurney/Rhule was as well. I think it's fair to give the Rhule/Fitterer combo a chance this year, things definitely seem better on the surface this year than last year. But yeah if it ain't starting to show up in the wins column this season, then a new HC should be incoming.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Never underestimate the Rhule factor. He has made some of the most baffling personnel moves I have seen on this team. 

I have no faith in Matt "the fool" Rhule..... I just keep my mouth shut most of the time about him because this forum makes will make your eyes bleed sometimes.... Even if fool starts Sam it doesn't change the fact Baker is better.

3 hours ago, rippadonn said:

If Corral didn't have this LaMelo like skillset I'd say play the veteran but this young man has come in with skill, raw aggression, not taking no for an answer, slinging the rock with touch and precision.

He's a football player who has done everything short of kneecapping his perceived competition. If he didn't flash like he did, OK. He did more than flash. This kid should be playing. Baker is a lost case.

Then he turns out to be Lavar lmfao that dudes a clown heck he named uis kid Lame Lo and claimed he could take Kobe 1v1.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, t96 said:

People love to hate on Nippleshorts and he definitely had his issues but the bottom line is that the most successful period in team history by far was under the Gettleman/Rivera combo.

Only team in history to go from 15 wins and a Super Bowl apperance to 6 wins the following season. Gettleman was the decision maker responsible for our Super Bowl window with that core slamming shut within one season. No sugar coating it.

• Pie 3

Can't wait for this preseason game so we can get some actual film on what's going on with these guys. I know the teams/NFL area limiting people filming but we got some shitty media coverage on twitter. The draftnetwork guy there for 2 days was an upgrade over everyone except Ellis Williams