• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Wednesday 8-10 Discussion

rayzor

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

who cares what it looks like though? haha. If they know what the plan is inside of those 4 walls, isnt that all that matters? Not what he is telling the press...

If we are judging football teams based on looking goofy... then Bill Belichick's sleeveless hoody looks goofy, Josh McDaniel's oversized jumpsuits look goofy, Cam Newton's outfits sometimes looked goofy, Payton Manning is a goofy person, and Sean Payton wore eye liner!

hahah. They are just words, and they get people so worked up.

People get worked up not because of specific statements, but because they don't trust Matt Rhule.

And frankly, what reason has he given anybody to trust him?

Complain all you want about people's attitudes, but until the team actually shows that it can be something other than mediocre garbage under his coaching, there's no reason to see it any differently.

I mean hell, do you want people to stay positive about Sam Darnold too?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Perhaps, but there's nothing to prevent you from simply saying "no" if he isn't.

You don't give a straight answer either way so it doesn't bite your ass later down the road with hypothetical coaches in the future. If you give a definitive answer this time it will be expected in the future and can lead to an awkward situation. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Granted, it probably would help if Rhule didn't say stupid sh-t like "the process is working, you just can't see it" 😖

It would work if Rhule talked about stuff he knows, like eating, playing golf, etc.

No matter what the question just respond with

" I love a good piece of steak and baked potato"

"Oh thanks, I really pride myself on my golf game, You know I played a round with (insert panther player) a couple of days ago"

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

Doesn't matter.  I don't think Walker is eligible, and Corral would never make it past waivers to be on the PS.  Somebody is getting cut.

I truly believe this is the only reason they are giving Sam reps with the 1s. No way Rhule cuts PJ. 

Sam will be dealt (not likely) or cut. 

• Pie 1

Just now, BrianS said:

Doesn't matter.  I don't think Walker is eligible, and Corral would never make it past waivers to be on the PS.  Somebody is getting cut.

Hard to say. They've tinkered with the PS rules so much over the last few years it's gotten way more complicated than it used to be.

I would expect Walker to likely fit as a veteran exception, but I haven't looked over what the rules are for this season.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From yesterday, but I'll go ahead and throw it in here.

Panther GM Scott Fitterer is asked whether Matt Rhule is under any kind of mandate. He ducks the question.

This is one of the better team's I've been around.

I think our culture is really strong and that comes down to Matt and the coaching staff and what he's built here.

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I think our culture is really strong and that comes down to Matt and the coaching staff and what he's built here.

Year 3 was always the true 1st year of evaluation unless he had pulled an Urban Meyer. The Panthers were garbage under Rivera in Years 1 and 2. Rhule has a history that shows Year 3 is the year where his program results in wins.

If it's more of the same, Rhule will likely be fired.

4 minutes ago, poundaway said:

This means nothing. What do you expect him to tell the media, the culture sucks, the guys aren't buying in, and Matt is a dumbass that doesn't have a clue?

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

He still failed to address the question in any way. Having guys that like each other and that 'fot the culture' is great and grand but doesn't amount to jack if the culture' doesn't equate to winning games... to date, Rhule has proven wholly ineffective in that key area. That's the litmus test.