• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will attack with CMC, despite potential injury potential (Reed)

top dawg

We should use him exactly like the Chargers do with Ekeler. 12-20 runs, 8-10 rec targets. 

And then have that extra 8-10 handoffs go to Foreman.

Keep it simple, no need to overdue this slot narrative that will never happen especially when there’s a perfectly respectable example B-CMC in LA.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

If he's still dealing with these nagging injuries, he won't make it half the season.

I would bet that virtually every NFL player that is not a kicker is probably dealing with nagging injuries at this point.  I have heard more than 1 NFL player say that at no point in the season are they 100% healthy.  

29 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I would bet that virtually every NFL player that is not a kicker is probably dealing with nagging injuries at this point.  I have heard more than 1 NFL player say that at no point in the season are they 100% healthy.  

Wouldn't doubt that isn't true, but the quote was that he was dealing with them during the off season. And that's after missing so much time during last season.

If he's gone into camp with injuries, he's going to miss time during the season.

I had read a rumor that CMC was unhappy about how he was being used and blamed that for his injuries. Don't know if it is true but the dialing back of his workouts and hopefully smarter use of him in the slot with lots of dumpoffs where he doesn't have to run up the middle will preserve him this year. 

18 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Wouldn't doubt that isn't true, but the quote was that he was dealing with them during the off season. And that's after missing so much time during last season.

If he's gone into camp with injuries, he's going to miss time during the season.

Last I heard he said he was 100% and ready to go.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I had read a rumor that CMC was unhappy about how he was being used and blamed that for his injuries. Don't know if it is true but the dialing back of his workouts and hopefully smarter use of him in the slot with lots of dumpoffs where he doesn't have to run up the middle will preserve him this year. 

If that’s true (which honestly reads like huddle fan fiction) he should have rejected his fat contract and gone elsewhere. It would have saved all parties involved some grief.

Edited by Khaki Lackey

it’s Jerome Bettis 2.0 or nothing

classic Rhule, absolutely no room for actual thought or scheming 

you can blame it on saving his job but it’s a fault since day 1

who here thinks Payton, Belicheck, or Mcvay etc would be bull rushing cmc 30 times a game lol

fuging stupid

12 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

If that’s true (which honestly reads like huddle fan fiction) he should have rejected his fat contract and gone elsewhere. It would have saved all parties involved some grief.

It wasn't fan fiction but I said rumor because saying I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who talked to him about it sounds like REO speedwagon.  But remember he signed his huge contract in April of 2020 three months after Rhule was hired. So he had no knowledge of how it was going to go. He has always been a workhorse but it isn't just how much he plays but the offensive line blocking and scheme determining how much of a beating he takes or how much time he gets between carries. Injuries are tough for everyone but who would want to run behind the line and offense we put out on the field the last 2 years.

18 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It wasn't fan fiction but I said rumor because saying I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who talked to him about it sounds like REO speedwagon.  But remember he signed his huge contract in April of 2020 three months after Rhule was hired. So he had no knowledge of how it was going to go. He has always been a workhorse but it isn't just how much he plays but the offensive line blocking and scheme determining how much of a beating he takes or how much time he gets between carries. Injuries are tough for everyone but who would want to run behind the line and offense we put out on the field the last 2 years.

Call me old fashioned but I don’t think premier running backs who are payed premier running back money should complain about having to do premier running back sh!t.

Edited by Khaki Lackey
  • Pie 3

8 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Call me old fashioned but I don’t think premier running backs who are payed premier running back money should complain about having to do premier running back sh!t.

CMC has NEVER complained.  Not about his workload.  Not about the team.  Not about the QB.  Not about the coaching.  NOTHING.  Wherever you heard that from you heard wrong or were told wrong.

Now, folks on the Huddle do often discuss how (in their opinion) CMC should be used to increase his effectiveness and longevity.  Those discussions are usually rather valid.

I'm pretty sure that everyone here wants to see CMC on the field as much as possible.  Whatever that takes.