• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fan Fest 2022

falconlynx

Malik Willis started the game.  Has Matt Corral has had enough snaps in camp to start the game on Saturday?  Forgive me for being wary of how Rhule is handling QBs in the preseason after he completely botched it last year.  We had people trying to convince us that it was fine that Sam was being sheltered and not playing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Icdeadpeople said:

it's crazy to think our roster has two 1 round QBs... but one plays like a 3rd rounder and the other plays like an UDFA.

Yet, we have a 3rounder QB who looks like the future and a UDFA QB who's never lost an NFL game...smh...

black helmets might be the only highlight for this team this year...

Baker plays like a 3rd rounder? Lol what? Dude you need to check his accomplishments. 

53 minutes ago, CRA said:

Technically, he is. 

But to date, he hasn’t looked the part while employed as one.  Which generally is the norm for primarily college coaches giving it a go. 

He’s had Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold as his QB. Let’s see what happens with Mayfield. 

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Good for him. He’s not on our team though, is he? We’ve got another Heisman winner, 1st overall pick at QB. Stop lusting over guys who we didn’t draft or sign. 

You don't find it interesting to keep track of where the rookie QB class is? Fan Fest was a lull that the majority of us couldn't even watch and it's the first week of preseason. If Ridder or Pickett suck ass I'm gonna post that too

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

You don't find it interesting to keep track of where the rookie QB class is? Fan Fest was a lull that the majority of us couldn't even watch and it's the first week of preseason. If Ridder or Pickett suck ass I'm gonna post that too

No. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Malik is gonna be special and all the haters will act like they didn’t talk poo about him for months predraft

He was literally the worst QB under pressure by passer rating in the draft. I watched enough of Willis against Ole Miss, Louisiana, Louisiana Monroe, and Troy to know that he is going to struggle in the NFL as a passer. Sure, he can run, but he can't throw guys open and he can't handle pressure even with his escapability. 

As Steve Young said, you can't teach accuracy. Willis doesn't have it. Sorry. 

Give me Grayson McCall over Willis, Howell, Pickett, Ridder, et. al.

• Poo 2

13 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He was literally the worst QB under pressure by passer rating in the draft. I watched enough of Willis against Ole Miss, Louisiana, Louisiana Monroe, and Troy to know that he is going to struggle in the NFL as a passer. Sure, he can run, but he can't throw guys open and he can't handle pressure even with his escapability. 

As Steve Young said, you can't teach accuracy. Willis doesn't have it. Sorry. 

Give me Grayson McCall over Willis, Howell, Pickett, Ridder, et. al.

My biggest issue with Willis was his indecisiveness to pull the trigger when guys were college open, let alone NFL open. He had to see them open to throw at them. Tons of missed opportunities left on the field with him. 

Good guy, great athlete, never wanted him. 

• Flames 1