• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corrall

NAS

He was way too shaky for a fourth quarter pre-season game. Not a good sign.

It's Baker or bust now. Hopefully if we bust our dipshit owner will fire everyone, hire outside management, and then stay far away from the Panthers front office.

Quarterback purgatory is real, and the Panthers are the new Jets, or Browns. 

I've said it since day one temper your expectations with this kid.i& I'm not even going to say what I really think of his game in detail just because of the simple fact that he's a rookie Panther and oh yeah that  people unrealistically  on this board drool over him for no logical reason whatsoever...just saying

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

He was way too shaky for a fourth quarter pre-season game. Not a good sign.

It's Baker or bust now. Hopefully if we bust our dipshit owner will fire everyone, hire outside management, and then stay far away from the Panthers front office.

Quarterback purgatory is real, and the Panthers are the new Jets, or Browns. 

This is why a lot of us were telling "fans" to stop hating on Cam when he was our QB. We even had some "fans" at one point that wanted to start Derek Anderson over Cam after he had a couple of bad games. You just don't know what you have until he's gone. Being in QB purgatory can take decades before you find a "good" QB, let alone an "elite" one (unless you're the fuggin lucky ass Packers).

Those of you getting upset that he played with the back end of the roster. Why does he get a pass? Sam Howell played with the back end of a worse ball team and shined. No execuses. You get paid to perform. 

Lack of reps is a legit execuse. But his decision making and accuracy falls on him. Stop giving him a pass, just because you want the dude to be good. I was excited to watch him play, and was let down by what I watched. Rhule not giving him reps has some responsibility, but the guy just looked out of his league.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

This is why a lot of us were telling "fans" to stop hating on Cam when he was our QB. We even had some "fans" at one point that wanted to start Derek Anderson over Cam after he had a couple of bad games. You just don't know what you have until he's gone. Being in QB purgatory can take decades before you find a "good" QB, let alone an "elite" one (unless you're the fuggin lucky ass Packers).

Man, I know, I was here and constantly reminded some of the big names on this board that finding a quarterback is insanely difficult, and Cam was by far the best one we had. The guys wanting Cam to sit, and Anderson to play was obviously for other reasons.

It was sad. Now we have the situation they wanted for years, a new quarterback (anyone but Cam) — every fuging year.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

14 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

The problem is that he needs to be playing ahead of PJ right now so he's not playing with those scrubs.

Corral isn't getting cut over PJ, not after we traded next year's 3rd to go and get him, would be the dumbest move of all time.  Only way PJ doesn't get cut, is if we're able to find a sucker to take on Darnold's contract before final cuts need to happen, and if so, we'll likely then roll with Baker and PJ on game days with Corral inactive.

under any normal circumstance PJ and darnold wouldn't be a part of the process....

Corral was not ready to play---this is what happens.  And yes, a bad OL and unfamiliar WRs/TEs can make you look terrible.   We were not getting a lot of pressure on Howell, and he probably gets more reps in practice--which explains the difference.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Corral was not ready to play---this is what happens.  And yes, a bad OL and unfamiliar WRs/TEs can make you look terrible.   We were not getting a lot of pressure on Howell, and he probably gets more reps in practice--which explains the difference.

This is no place for such intelligence. 

• Pie 3

Just now, Diehardpanth02 said:

Those of you getting upset that he played with the back end of the roster. Why does he get a pass? Sam Howell played with the back end of a worse ball team and shined. No execuses. You get paid to perform. 

Lack of reps is a legit execuse. But his decision making and accuracy falls on him. Stop giving him a pass, just because you want the dude to be good. I was excited to watch him play, and was let down by what I watched. Rhule not giving him reps has some responsibility, but the guy just looked out of his league.

Worse ball team?

Even if you believe that, the back end of their roster is arguably better than the back end of ours. Howell had plenty of time to throw down field, Corral had people in his face almost immediately. He was rattled, missed about three throws, and just never recovered. It was obvious. It was also out of character. He was an accurate QB in college. He faced the perfect storm today, but he'll ultimately end up on track with more quality reps.

It's all good though. Let people have their fun and knee-jerk reactions. 

• Pie 2