• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE Eric Ebron wants to play for the Panthers

hepcat

18 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You up to date on the panthers TEs? Mr. yearly breakout awaits- Ian Thomas (who I think is currently injured), New breakout hope and goofball- Tremble, Mr. PS/I played at temple- Colin Thompson, First player signed by Finesserererer who still has faith in- Sullivan, prize UFDA guy form north dakota state thats going IR, Big brain think-tank last year made me a FB- Ricci.

Wouldnt take much talent to challenge ANY of those guys for ANY spot 1-4. 

I honestly don't think TE is even close to our biggest concern on offense. 

It's a low ceiling gamble on player with high risk. 

Our OL is far, far more concerning. Possibly QB, as well.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I honestly don't think TE is even close to our biggest concern on offense. 

It's a low ceiling gamble on player with high risk. 

Our OL is far, far more concerning. Possibly QB, as well.

I got 10x the faith in OL than TE. Signed Boze&Colbert and drafted Ickey&Mays. There maybe some rough outings, but I think the group as a whole is one of the best panthers have had. Even in its current state. Having a solid Colbert next to Elf should help him. Big talk as well about Christ being one of the best panthers regardless of position, if thats true big boost as well. Finally Ickey is at his home, just the first 3 games have some HUGE tests for him......welcome to NFL big boi...

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I got 10x the faith in OL than TE. Signed Boze&Colbert and drafted Ickey&Mays. There maybe some rough outings, but I think the group as a whole is one of the best panthers have had. Even in its current state. Having a solid Colbert next to Elf should help him. Big talk as well about Christ being one of the best panthers regardless of position, if thats true big boost as well. Finally Ickey is at his home, just the first 3 games have some HUGE tests for him......welcome to NFL big boi...

I just don't have that faith in the OL. It's easily the biggest concern on that side of the ball for me.

Would like better TE options but I don't know that Ebron is that guy. The good version of him can be but that isn't even remotely consistent.

Plus he is a massive liability in the run game.

I will say a vet min deal wouldn't upset me.

Edited by kungfoodude

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I just don't have that faith in the OL. It's easily the biggest concern on that side of the ball for me.

Would like better TE options but I don't know that Ebron is that guy. The good version of him can be but that isn't even remotely consistent.

Plus he is a massive liability in the run game.

I will say a vet min deal wouldn't upset me.

Thats fair. I believe the OL was greaatly improved. My main issues are chemistry and growing pains. QB role in this new O, has lots of OL calls. I dont even know if Ickey has heard Bakers voice over 4 times......

Just lots of new parts- OC, OL coach, Asst OL coach, 4(*should be) new starters, 4 new players, new terms/calls/shifts/etc. Rarely does this much turnover come together fast.... Ive got a good record of calling what the OL is before the season and think this group will finish in the top half and have good depth. Plus simply put its the most collective talent I believe thats ever played here, just tooooo many new parts/language/terms can be very difficult to overcome. 

Mo town is looking like he leveled up as well. 

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

At his best, no doubt.  Now, probably not.  Not that Thomas is good, but Ebron was struggling last year, even before he went on IR.  

I respectfully disagree.  Ian has never lived up to even a tenth of what he could be.  Efron has had some quality years and is light-years ahead of Ian as a receiver, regardless of his condition now.  

Issue is, I think if we had any interest, they would've already expressed it, so this is all probably moot.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I respectfully disagree.  Ian has never lived up to even a tenth of what he could be.  Efron has had some quality years and is light-years ahead of Ian as a receiver, regardless of his condition now.  

Issue is, I think if we had any interest, they would've already expressed it, so this is all probably moot.

To each his own, but Ian was better than Eric last season, not that Eric set the bar all that high.  Of course, if Eric does get healthy again, he might be worth a look, but suitors aren't exactly lining up.  

*Breathes in deeply of the topic.*

Ah, nothing like coming back to the huddle after being away for a while to find which bottom feeder TE would be the better option over starting a tackling dummy or if anyone has actually seen the tackling dummies practice film. This is the sort of edge of your barcalounger hotly debated huddlement that is defintely NOT sapping my will to live and follow football.

How low has the current braintrust forced us to set the bar that this is even a conversation?

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Thats fair. I believe the OL was greaatly improved. My main issues are chemistry and growing pains. QB role in this new O, has lots of OL calls. I dont even know if Ickey has heard Bakers voice over 4 times......

Just lots of new parts- OC, OL coach, Asst OL coach, 4(*should be) new starters, 4 new players, new terms/calls/shifts/etc. Rarely does this much turnover come together fast.... Ive got a good record of calling what the OL is before the season and think this group will finish in the top half and have good depth. Plus simply put its the most collective talent I believe thats ever played here, just tooooo many new parts/language/terms can be very difficult to overcome. 

Mo town is looking like he leveled up as well. 

Yeah, I can't sign off on that "most collective talent" comment. We have had some insanely talented OL in the history of this franchise. Outside of Moton and maybe(HOPEFULLY) Ickey, none of these guys would make a top 10-15 in our history. 

Frankly, I think top 25 is a big stretch. 

Edited by kungfoodude