• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where were you when...

Mr. Scot

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Had a friend who'd just bought an expensive new recliner. he watched a bowl game with his favorite college football team and in the process broke said recliner.

His wife forbade him from ever watching bowl games in their house again 😄

I was young at the time and my mom was let's say not abused that the Panthers won. 🤣

at my buddy house in south charlotte. we had a big group of people over. I was a senior in high school

I actually didnt even see the touchdown because as soon as smith caught it I knew he was gone and I ran out of the house screaming into the neighborhood

normally that would have got me shot by CPD but i think everyone in the city was screaming at their television at that moment 

The whole immediate family was at my sister's house.  Only 3 out of the 14 there even watched football.  My brother in law,  sis and I  were so into the game and getting excited...then bummed...then excited with the back and forth score that eventually,  the whole family was into it.  

By the time 89 crossed that goal line, the place erupted. 

Early high school watching from home south Charlotte. Crazy, that’s when me and everyone I knew actually lived in Charlotte. Oh times they do fly…

Still the wildest ride I’ve been on for a team I follow. The whole playoff run was still how I define the Panthers—still eclipses Cam’s time experience wise for me.

Although I will say tying in the Canes SC run with graduation parties senior year was pretty sick too.

Oh Panthers…

Watching from the hotel bar at the St. Louis hotel I was at for a fraternity President's conference. I had literally just told the Mankato president, "Big play, Steve Smith, right here... bank it" when it happened. After the play, that guy just looked at me with his jaw on the floor.

I thought long and hard about ducking out and getting a scalped ticket... we were up in the arch and I could see the stadium as the game was going on, with my mom and girlfriend texting me updates as the game was going on. I decided that the football gods would smile on my sacrifice and give the team a boost.

I had a band called two step and we had a gig at stool pigeons uptown. At the time I did not follow football at all really. Wasn’t aware of the madness that was going to be at that small bar. Right where we were supposed to set up shoulder to shoulder….wall to wall people. The manager said “y’all can just watch the game in the office and set up when it’s over.” 

I sat in that tiny office and became a panthers fan and have been one ever since that night. For the first time I didn’t care that my gig was cut short. I was so invested in that game and by the time it was over I almost didn’t remember I was there to work. I’ll never forget that game. 

• Beer 2