• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Given 11 Game Suspension

Proudiddy

Per ESPN/Schefter.

Dude is indeed diabolical horny and a predator, but I do/did believe in his on-field ability, but after seeing/hearing early reviews of how he's looked, then add an 11 game suspension on top of missing a full year before that...  that's gonna be tough to come back from.  Also, unless Brissett can set the world on fire, it sounds like a wasted year for the Browns.

Deshaun Watson and NFL agree to 11-game suspension, $5M fine for violations of personal conduct policy - Adam Schefter http://espn.com/app

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The league bent itself into more positions than a contortionist trying to look like they were being tough on him while not actually being anywhere near as tough as they should have been.

Not sure whether women's groups will give them a pass on this. Honestly, I'll laugh if they don't.

the league wanted an indefinite suspension

1 minute ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I’m just waiting for him to appeal and get to play week one but serve the rest of his suspension afterwards.

I have a feeling this may happen.  No way the Browns essentially lay down and blow a year with him.  This isnt over.  The NFLPA is going to appeal if they can and who knows from there

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I’m just waiting for him to appeal and get to play week one but serve the rest of his suspension afterwards.

I've thought about that, but I don't think it's possible considering this was agreed to by both the NFLPA and the NFL.  And the NFL reportedly wanted an entire season at minimum, so I'm thinking this isn't really the kind of suspension he can appeal.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I have a feeling this may happen.  No way the Browns essentially lay down and blow a year with him.  This isnt over.  The NFLPA is going to appeal if they can and who knows from there

The way this is being reported is that the NFL and NFLPA agreed to this. Could be wrong...