• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mays at center

Floppin

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

He plays mean too. Like you could tell he was just ready to lay the wood on whoever came into that hole.

That's what drew me in after last week.  I kept noticing him blocking in-line during the game, but then there was one play where he chased a guy down during a run and completely obliterated him before the back wad tackled and I was like, "Damn.  I'm in love."😂

37 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’m weird and think vice versa but we will meet in the middle that he’s not a bad depth player and can step in if need be.

He's a bad depth player and if you need him to step in you're fuged. I'm telling you, we've been so trained to low expectations the last few years that it's affecting our standards. The guy is garbage. What have you actually seen him do that makes you think:

"This gentleman deserves large sums of money to play football professionally."

instead of:

"I think I would rather watch puppies be eaten by crocodiles than watch this fool attempt to do whatever it is that he does."

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Mays is a big dude, I like him at guard last week better than C this week. He looked fine but I'd rather have Elf/Bozeman at Center with Mays standing up than ever seeing Jordan or Erving play a game ever again

Corbett is your other starting guard. I haven't been impressed with Bozeman at all. So between Elf and Mays I'd rather see Mays because I know that Elf is below average. Elf will make the team because he's better than most of the rest of the depth and he's versatile but he's definitely someone you actively try and upgrade from having to keep on your team long term.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Corbett is your other starting guard. I haven't been impressed with Bozeman at all. So between Elf and Mays I'd rather see Mays because I know that Elf is below average. Elf will make the team because he's better than most of the rest of the depth and he's versatile but he's definitely someone you actively try and upgrade from having to keep on your team long term.

All 3 of Boze/Elf/Mays should def make the roster over Jordan and Erving. That's all I really care about at this point in time. They can all play inside to an acceptable level 

Mays was consistently a top-20 overall pick in mock drafts prior to his senior year...which wasn't that bad at all.  A handful of outliers (and being an IOL) dropped him.

He's a lot brighter than the usual pipedream scenarios of a Dennis Daley or Deonte Brown.  The kid was a super touted HS prospect, and maintained that through school.  He hopped around a bit bc of family but the dude excels everywhere.  

• Pie 1

It's not going to be popular to say this but Tecklenburg was better last night than he's been in a while. He's certainly improved. I'd put him in before Elflein and possibly Bozeman at this point. I might give him a bit of an edge on Mays, too, if just for experience's sake.

Tecklenburg did well, especially in those early series with Walker. Made his blocks, scanned for targets and seemed to be directing a bit of traffic. He's not up to Kalil levels, but it's still better than we've seen recently.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

It's not going to be popular to say this but Tecklenburg was better last night than he's been in a while. He's certainly improved. I'd put him in before Elflein and possibly Bozeman at this point. I might give him a bit of an edge on Mays, too, if just for experience's sake.

Tecklenburg did well, especially in those early series with Walker. Made his blocks, scanned for targets and seemed to be directing a bit of traffic. He's not up to Kalil levels, but it's still better than we've seen recently.

Teck did looked improved. I just don't see him having much of a ceiling. I think he's destined for a career Elflein level player.

• Pie 2