• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What could have been. McD and Beane

I watch the total dismantling of Denver by Buffalo the other day.  It didn't matter who was playing the Bills were far superior than Denver.   I know it was preseason and everything is watered down but Buffalo did what they wanted to Denver all day long.  McDermott has them on the brink of a Super Bowl while we are still stuck in purgatory. 

Rivera wasn't bad and had 2 coach of the year awards with us but McDermott is showing he is the cream of the crop as far as head coaches go.  Futhermore, Billy Beane who was hired by Buffalo one day before we canned Gettleman. 

I still am pissed that we let a good GM go when we knew we were going to can Gettlemen.

What could have been. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Wolfcop said:

Josh Allen helps, too. A great QB makes coaches and GMs look good. Put Josh Allen on our roster and you’d all be singing the praises of Rhule and Fitt. Panthers need a break at QB. 

Very true but if you watched the game.  It didn't matter who was at QB.   Buffalo is loaded top to bottom and will be a force in the AFC.

McDermott and Bean > Rhule and Fitterer and it isn't even close. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

Josh Allen helps, too. A great QB makes coaches and GMs look good. Put Josh Allen on our roster and you’d all be singing the praises of Rhule and Fitt. Panthers need a break at QB. 

They'd find a way to fug it up. Par for the franchise 

Bean and McDermott had front row seats on how to ruin a QB by watching Ron and Gettleman refusing to help Cam and letting him play hurt behind some awful Oline's. They seem to have done almost everything right in Josh Allen's development and are now reaping the rewards. 

• Pie 7

8 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Bean and McDermott had front row seats on how to ruin a QB by watching Ron and Gettleman refusing to help Cam and letting him play hurt behind some awful Oline's. They seem to have done almost everything right in Josh Allen's development and are now reaping the rewards. 

I'm in 100% agreement here.  I am sure they had nightmares when they drafted Allen and thinking of how those clowns ruined a generational talent like Cam. 

Allen had his moments early on but is now thriving under McDermott.  

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

Bills fans have no idea how good they got it right now.

I'm sure they do.  McDermott is the 10th head coach since Marv Levy left in 1997. No head coach lasting more than 3 seasons.  McDermott is going into his 6th season (2017-Present)

I am certain they are very appreciative of McDermott and Beane.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I watch the total dismantling of Denver by Buffalo the other day.  It didn't matter who was playing the Bills were far superior than Denver.   I know it was preseason and everything is watered down but Buffalo did what they wanted to Denver all day long.  McDermott has them on the brink of a Super Bowl while we are still stuck in purgatory. 

Rivera wasn't bad and had 2 coach of the year awards with us but McDermott is showing he is the cream of the crop as far as head coaches go.  Futhermore, Billy Beane who was hired by Buffalo one day before we canned Gettleman. 

I still am pissed that we let a good GM go when we knew we were going to can Gettlemen.

What could have been. 

I'm proud of them.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I mean no doubt, but they made the playoffs with tyrod Taylor, a bottom 5 starter.  Shows that a good/great coach can still build a competitive roster and make the playoffs. Yeah his year 2/3 was rough but arguably the QB play was even worse.

He was 100% the guy behind the curtain making us a legit D. Look at ron after MCD left. It was downhill fast. He has always had a stellar D. Now I can't fault him for the KC game, that chief team was just better (as was the silly rams collection of talent). 

Love to have kept him and Beane

35 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

No, the team would suck with Josh Allen because rule whould still be here.  A turd covered in chocolate is still a turd.  Just a little sweet before the punch.