• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nobody is talking about this..

WOW!!

20 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The oline creating that shell of protection was the first thing I noticed on that play. Looked like a formidable group on that play.

Let's hope that happens more often than not when it's the Starters vs. opposing starters in the Regular season. 

'Cause if it's more of the same from last season, we'll be seeing PJ out there.....again.  😬

2 hours ago, Ezrider1423 said:

Can you at least spell the dudes name right so maybe we can take your post seriously.. that would be a good rule to have. We probably should ask coach Rhule. 

Everybody besides you know me and what I'm talking about.  I could care less how long rule's rule is or whatever.  Don't take offense unless you think rule is the best thing cents sliced bred.  See, I'm edumacated.

10 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Even as vanilla as it is in preseason.. I can see the Playcalling on offense will be much better.. Especially since the Turner family left with Ron.. Route combination that make sense.. Smart use of screen plays.. Still trying to run the ball even if it didn't work.. Looks like Mcadoo know what to do when a team decides to blitz instead of 5 and 7 steps drops..

It's nice to have experienced coaching..

Part of our problem the past two seasons was our regular season playcalling was about as vanilla as that in the preseason.  Then add Brady's answer to something not working seemed to be to continue to do it until it did or the game clock finally put an end to things.  Like you, I chalk that up to inexperience on his part, although we have seen coaches come through the NFL ranks that were just so married to "their system" they could not adjust to anything else.  It was like a personal affront to switch away from it, even for a half.

I tend to think McAdoo is not as good as his supporters claim nor nearly as bad as his detractors claim.  But, if he just adjusts his game plans to the opponent each week and then can make more adjustments to what they are doing once the game starts, it has to lead to improvement even if everything else remained the same......which we hope it didn't.

3 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Mcadoo is a Chinese buffet. Brady was mcdinalds right when COVID hit and all they sold were cheeseburgers and nuggets.

McDonald's has other stuff now?

I mean I've always heard rumors they serve ice cream, but any time I've ever asked for any "the machine is down"

Only thing edible there is the fries, and those just barely, if done right.

2 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

McDonald's has other stuff now?

I mean I've always heard rumors they serve ice cream, but any time I've ever asked for any "the machine is down"

Only thing edible there is the fries, and those just barely, if done right.

That's sort of like Rhule and Brady saying they had things, but then you never see it.

As far as the pandemic starting and limiting options, there were a few things they took away. I don't remember what they were but I know some didn't come back. I don't really eat fast food so probably why I don't remember.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

I had heard that Brady did not let his QB's change the call at the line of scrimmage. McAdoo does and Baker took full advantage of that last night. That alone is a big difference. Two TD's in the red zone for us is a very big deal.

BTW Baker took credit for the Bills jumping offsides when interviewed by Balboni. Said it was his cadence. Man has fire. 🔥😄

Before the whole fiasco I would play halo with baker and he basically alluded to the fact that Kevin stefanski didnt let any qb make changes. In college Lincoln riley allowed baker to do that. It’s part of his toolkit. 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, pantherj said:

The Bills got very aggressive sending pressure, and I always like to see a screen mixed into the calls here and there in that case. Sure enough we gashed them on a screen. Glad to see we actually react to what is happening now; unlike last season when we ran plays no matter what the opposing defense was doing.

One thing that was clear cut was just how bad Sam is at reading the field. Has hasn't improved at all. What a waste of money and draft capital. He's only decisive when he sees a check down open, or it's a designed QB run. I had forgotten how much I hated watching him play. I'd rather watch PJ and that's saying something.

Felt like they only called three plays- zone blitz, normal blitz, and send the house blitz.... very odd for a PS game...

• Pie 1