• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin Thompson on Rhule

CashNewton22

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

So let me get this right… a guy who is played for exactly one NFL team thinks every team runs the same thing… yet Mayfield who just came from a different team is stating that this offense is unlike anything he’s seen… Not to mention Cam stated last year that he put himself in a bad situation by not knowing enough of the playbook…

Concepts might be the same because there’s only so many different things you can do on the football field but to say that everything is the same is asinine.

Thompson was with Jacksonville and Chicago as well to some degree (practice squad, TC, etc), but those were hardly offensive masterminds the last few years. I'm sure he's a great guy in real life but I take his words with large grains of salt. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, KSpan said:

Thompson was with Jacksonville and Chicago as well to some degree (practice squad, TC, etc), but those were hardly offensive masterminds the last few years. I'm sure he's a great guy in real life but I take his words with large grains of salt. 

I think it comes down to what you said, I’d stick up for my meal ticket as well. Thompson is still on the practice squad and I’d imagine making $200K a year to be a PS player beats making 50K a year working at Enterprise.

• Beer 2

Lots of coaches are nice humans that players like.  And the NFL is a talent driven league.   Nothing there really to dispute. 

The number one knocks on Rhule are his vision and eye for things have been bologna.   The manner in which he has gone about building things.  And he isn’t a good game day manager.  

I mean he can be a nice guy that players like as a human.  That’s not the thing people bash Rhule on. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Yes, it’s time to see the mythical “year 3” of Rhule’s tenure. We heard so much about it 

The whole 'Year 3' thing is ridiculous but what gets left out of that take is that his prior teams also notably improved in record from years 1 to year 2. Carolina not only did not improve their record in year 2 but were notably worse on the field vs year 1.

• Pie 3

Rhule has given his boy a hookup he otherwise wouldn’t have. Dude wouldn’t even be in the NFL at this point. Of course he’s gonna talk about how great Rhule is and enjoy his free ride.

Not all players get that or feel that way on this team. There was quite a bit of eye rolling going on with Rhules various college antics and group exercise punishments. 

Edited by matt rhules gut fat
  • Pie 1