• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

Been watching games for the top QBs and am really liking what I see so far. There are some really good signal callers in this draft, even if any of the juniors decide to go back to school for one more year.

Got several more games to watch before I form a ranking, but I'm not as high on Bryce Young as others are. I think he puts some hospital balls out there and while he can extend plays it doesn't make up for his lack of size. Impressed with his arm for his size, but not for an NFL QB. He makes plays though, so who knows.

I'm high on CJ Stroud, Will Levis, and Hendon Hooker.

Very intrigued by Anthony Richardson.

Still have to watch Max Duggan, Grayson McCall, and Dorian Thompson-Robinson.

• Pie 3

14 hours ago, Icege said:

Been watching games for the top QBs and am really liking what I see so far. There are some really good signal callers in this draft, even if any of the juniors decide to go back to school for one more year.

Got several more games to watch before I form a ranking, but I'm not as high on Bryce Young as others are. I think he puts some hospital balls out there and while he can extend plays it doesn't make up for his lack of size. Impressed with his arm for his size, but not for an NFL QB. He makes plays though, so who knows.

I'm high on CJ Stroud, Will Levis, and Hendon Hooker.

Very intrigued by Anthony Richardson.

Still have to watch Max Duggan, Grayson McCall, and Dorian Thompson-Robinson.

I hate myself for saying this as I’m getting annoyed with all the Cam chatter. But, bringing Cam back on a 2-year contract and drafting Anthony Richardson is somewhat intriguing.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

20 minutes ago, Martin said:

I hate myself for saying this as I’m getting annoyed with all the Cam chatter. But, bringing Cam back on a 2-year contract and drafting Anthony Richardson is somewhat intriguing.

It's fun to dream, nothing wrong with that! Richardson is very intriguing, but as others have mentioned I think he'd benefit dramatically by going back for one more year to increase his draft stock.

Got a chance to watch some more games and I was disappointed with what I saw from Grayson McCall. Dorian Thompson-Robinson, on the other hand, looked really good after being considered a UDFA guy last year. There are some folks that look at college QBs in their mid-20s like they do pro RBs in their 30s but Levis, Hooker, and DRT look pretty good for older guys.

I'm all in on Stroud and Duggan tho. Either of those 2 would make me incredibly excited for the future of the team.

• Pie 1

If we drafted Anthony Richardson in this draft why would we pair him with Cam Newton? We want to teach him accuracy. I am all in with CJ Stroud right now.

And for those dogging Fields... he has one of the worst group of weapons in the NFL, a very young and not touted offensive line ( 3 of the starters are first or second year players. His two tackles are 5th round draft picks from last year and this years draft class ) ad his right guard is a guy who was drafted to be a left tackle and couldn't win the job, and he is paired with a defensive minded coach.

And yet, it seems like the game is slowing down for him and he is started to get it. He has a #2 WR to throw to and the other guys would all be 4 or 5s on other teams, or were so bad they didn't crack the starting five. 

But also, its silly to bash Stroud because you don't like a previous QB there. Tua and Jalen are different types of QBs and Mac Jones is different than both of them. LSU has brought a lot of trash to the NFL ( as has OSU ) and yet, Joe Burrow spent 3 years at OSU and 2 at LSU and went to a Super Bowl in year 2. Writing off a QB because of a completely different QB at the same school is lazy thinking. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

If we drafted Anthony Richardson in this draft why would we pair him with Cam Newton? We want to teach him accuracy. I am all in with CJ Stroud right now.

And for those dogging Fields... he has one of the worst group of weapons in the NFL, a very young and not touted offensive line ( 3 of the starters are first or second year players. His two tackles are 5th round draft picks from last year and this years draft class ) ad his right guard is a guy who was drafted to be a left tackle and couldn't win the job, and he is paired with a defensive minded coach.

And yet, it seems like the game is slowing down for him and he is started to get it. He has a #2 WR to throw to and the other guys would all be 4 or 5s on other teams, or were so bad they didn't crack the starting five. 

But also, its silly to bash Stroud because you don't like a previous QB there. Tua and Jalen are different types of QBs and Mac Jones is different than both of them. LSU has brought a lot of trash to the NFL ( as has OSU ) and yet, Joe Burrow spent 3 years at OSU and 2 at LSU and went to a Super Bowl in year 2. Writing off a QB because of a completely different QB at the same school is lazy thinking. 

Cam would have a very similar style, was once very raw (not as raw as AR) knows how to prepare, read a defense, lead etc. that is the reason. I would really hope the QB coach would work with him on footwork and accuracy. I have serious doubts about AR at this point, it is the absolute “what if”/buying the upside situation, with an extremely low floor. But it is fun to dream about the upside.

What signs are there that Fields is starting to get it? is it because he wasn’t awful and threw for 200 yards and 1 TD in his last game? I wish him the best, and good for him if he turns it around, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one.

I don’t think you should write Stroud off, but every Ohio State QB looks like a world beater in college, so that is not something that can be ignored.

Btw, here are the stats for Fields this year:

image.thumb.png.eb399716fc8843bc927380f086567957.png

On 9/24/2022 at 5:35 PM, ForJimmy said:

I like him, but I don’t think he does anything on an elite level to make him a first rounder. He is smart and solid, but runs a pass friendly offense. 

Look at his touchdown to interception comparison. He is very accurate. From Dudley High School in Greensboro. 

On 10/8/2022 at 12:50 PM, *FreeFua* said:

Man I like Hendon Hooker 

1432 yards passing this year for Hendon Hooker. NO interceptions. This young man is from NC, Dudley H.S. In Greensboro. 10 passing TD’s,  239 consecutive passes without an interception. His father was a quarterback at NC A&T University, school hall of fame. 

p

• Pie 1

On 10/12/2022 at 11:18 AM, Martin said:

Taking another QB that lacks accuracy and needs tons of development is a fantastic idea