• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1 General Discussions - Talk to me about the Browns

Zod

I mean it’s the browns…the dysfunction….the drama…their back up QB who is straight trash…at home…and we have their outcast who wants revenge

it literally won’t get any easier than this for the entire rest of the year, unless we lose, I wouldn’t put any stock in the outcome

12 minutes ago, NAS said:

I don't have a problem using CMC as the primary back, but you don't need to risk injury in situations where we are just trying to run out the clock.  It's just stupid.

Agree unless you need to run out the clock. If two first downs seal the win that is as important as a game winning score.

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

it literally won’t get any easier than this for the entire rest of the year, unless we lose, I wouldn’t put any stock in the outcome

It will get easier but it's still a good time to have them on the schedule. They are talented, although they should be susceptible against the run as the DTs aren't special and only JOK is an NFL quality LB.

I expect them to play 2 QBs. Dobbs with get a handful of plays in which he will mostly run with the ball. Just a hunch to try to mix things up with a non-starter at QB.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas31873 said:

It will get easier but it's still a good time to have them on the schedule. They are talented, although they should be susceptible against the run as the DTs aren't special and only JOK is an NFL quality LB.

I expect them to play 2 QBs. Dobbs with get a handful of plays in which he will mostly run with the ball. Just a hunch to try to mix things up with a non-starter at QB.

Shouldn't you be on the browns massage board?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Shouldn't you be on the browns massage board?

I am.

I'm taking the season off though so this week is entertaining for me even though I won't be watching the game. I can't watch the Browns and root for them so I'm just not going to watch. So I'm a casual fan this year and just take rooting interest in players like Baker and Hollywood. Then next year I'll see where my head is and go from there. Kinda hoping Watson just goes away somehow and I can get back to normal but it seems unlikely.

• Beer 6

36 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I mean it’s the browns…the dysfunction….the drama…their back up QB who is straight trash…at home…and we have their outcast who wants revenge

I mean, Jacoby is a career 60% passer with 36 TDs vs 17 INTs.  

I wouldn’t call him straight trash.  He a veteran QB on a team that doesn’t need much from the QB ideally. 

I’d favor the Browns on a neutral field  week 1 and that is what the line suggests.  Seems about right. 

I don’t view this as the easiest game on the schedule.   Not the best matchup IMO.   Which is what football generally is. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Thomas31873 said:

I am.

I'm taking the season off though so this week is entertaining for me even though I won't be watching the game. I can't watch the Browns and root for them so I'm just not going to watch. So I'm a casual fan this year and just take rooting interest in players like Baker and Hollywood. Then next year I'll see where my head is and go from there. Kinda hoping Watson just goes away somehow and I can get back to normal but it seems unlikely.

Massage board away.

Just trying to recall if I've ever seen the Browns in a SB... Guess you could live vicariously as a Ravens fan seeing as they are the OG Browns.

• Beer 1

59 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Just trying to recall if I've ever seen the Browns in a SB... Guess you could live vicariously as a Ravens fan seeing as they are the OG Browns.

Yeah, F the Ravens. I had to go 4 years without a team and just watched my favorite Ohio State players on Sundays like Eddie George and Joey Galloway.

I'm in a similar place now not wanting to root for a sexual predator at QB. So I'll root for Baker and Ohio State players when I watch games but I won't watch the Browns games because I don't want to go to a place that I can't turn back from in case I ever get the opportunity to turn back.

I think Baker will play well if the offensive scheme is smart. I'm not real confident in that since he hasn't been there long and coaches usually make players adapt to their system and don't adapt their system to suit their QB but I guess we'll see.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Thomas31873 said:

Agree unless you need to run out the clock. If two first downs seal the win that is as important as a game winning score.

If you can't count on your RB2 to get you a couple of first downs then you don't need him on the depth chart.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I expect our run D to be better but for our pass rush to take a step back.

I was thinking about this today, and I agree. I think we will still be able to pressure the QB at times, but not as well as last year. I will trade that for better rush D, though.