• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Be mad and hate.. but..

WOW!!

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Brissett was actually hitting those open receivers early on that game is out of hand by halftime. Then their play calling was just absolutely baffling late.

They were just the less bad team on the field today but I think we watched two bad teams playing today.

First game of the year.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

You're expecting a Matt Rhule team to improve over the course of the season? That hasn't been what we've seen his first two seasons. We've played our best football in the first third of the season, then absolutely faceplanted in the final two thirds of the season.

I saw things that say this staff may be better around him than other years and may drag Rhule to more wins

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

We can say that both ways..  Jmo..

Alot of rust and players not playing together before need time to gell.. Like every team in the NFL week 1..

How bad things were the offense put up 24 points on a top 5 defense.. And Defense held them in the 2nd half after being killed in time of possession all game..

I am not worried… yet. If they do not come out next week and look more prepared or at least correct some of the issues that existed today, then I’ll start to become more apprehensive.

The way I see it is that someone had to lose today and as bad as it started out it still wound up being a close game.

Just now, frankw said:

Run defense? 217 rushing yards is no problem?

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Problem but again context.. Top 5 Oline 2 top 10 RBs and losing time of possession by double digit number didn't help.. If it happens again next week against the Giants then it will be more of a problem..

We were super ill-prepared and McAdoo called a really bad game.

On D, Snow had our 3-3-5 team against them instead of stacking the box.  Nothing made sense.

If you can’t coach, you can’t win. Players turned it up in the 4th so yeah they should get some props but this game overall was far from encouraging.

• Pie 1

I will hate:  I hate the fact that Rhule has any space to work with after such a poor overall performance by the team through 3 1/2 quarters.  Now everyone wants to talk about the bad roughing the passer call (which was as terrible as they come), the whole Brissett spike debacle, and how the guys kept playing to come back.

Rhule's feet should be held to the fire for the poor preseason preparation (juggling OL, not playing projected O and D lineups enough, etc.), the piss poor game planning we have been seeing over 3 years now, NO adjustments between possessions (give Ike more help with Garrett, run the ball some), and basically just continuing to show what a buffoon he is calling TOs when we have momentum and playing for a FG instead of trusting paid professionals to do their job. 

Instead of the above he gets to talk about bad calls and that we "had a chance."  At least he had to address the center/QB exchanges, but he needs his ass roasted for this team looking like fuggin crap during his tenure.

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Problem but again context.. Top 5 Oline 2 top 10 RBs and losing time of possession by double digit number didn't help.. If it happens again next week against the Giants then it will be more of a problem..

If we had a competent HC and OC they could have avoided all the 3 and outs and giving Cleveland the ball for most of the 1st half.

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

If we had a competent HC and OC they could have avoided all the 3 and outs and giving Cleveland the ball for most of the 1st half.

Yeah maybe.. But again first game of the year with a new QB, Oline and facing a top 5 defense.. What were you expecting The greatest show on turf??

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

The Giants stole our lunch money and shoved us into a locker last year already. Daniel Jones looked like a franchise QB.

Just now, WOW!! said:

Yeah maybe.. But again first game of the year with a new QB, Oline and facing a top 5 defense.. What were you expecting The greatest show on turf??

I dont know, maybe a competent game plan.  Thats not really too much to ask is it?  Whats your excuse going to be next week?

And if consistency was what you are looking for maybe dumb ass rhule should have killed the charade of qb and LT competition

• Pie 1