• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on QB struggles yesterday

ncfan

In the course of your career experience, you've probably met one or two management types who can randomly spout off some really smart sounding statements.

Yet they don't seem to be terribly successful, and you find yourself wondering why.

The reason? While they might sound smart, but they might not really be smart.

They know the right things to say and all, but in their mind they haven't actually put it all together.

That's the impression I get of Matt Rhule.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

In the course of your career experience, you've probably met one or two management types who can randomly spout off some really smart sounding statements.

Yet they don't seem to be terribly successful, and you find yourself wondering why.

The reason? While they might sound smart, but they might not really be smart.

They know the right things to say and all, but in their mind they haven't actually put it all together.

That's the impression I get of Matt Rhule.

When is he going to start spouting off these smart sounding statements? Because all I've heard and seen is a bunch of dumbassery.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When is he going to start spouting off these smart sounding statements? Because all I've heard and seen is a bunch of dumbassery.

Fair point 😆

In all seriousness, Rhule is capable of saying things that sorta kinda make sense in his pressers. And heaven knows he can give a motivational speech.

Having good players, giving rousing speeches and employing assistants who take care of the true legwork is enough to be successful at the mid-tier college level.

In the NFL? Not so much 😕

• Pie 1

And yet again, an utterly awful way of saying something. If you HAVE to say something then say things are gelling, say the team is continuing to practice and sync up, but don't say something like this. It's just flat out dumb and he does it time after time after time.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

this isnt me defending rhule, this is me calling out these media types for not adding context. If you listen to the presser, he is complementing Baker and how he picked up the offense in less than 40 days....

If that's the case then yeah, Ellis is doing a disservice by framing a quote like that. I posted my thought but if your context is correct, that does change the frame.

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

this isnt me defending rhule, this is me calling out these media types for not adding context. If you listen to the presser, he is complementing Baker and how he picked up the offense in less than 40 days....

You missed the point where he crated a fake competition that was settled at the trade and wasted a big portion of that time frame much like he did with Ickey. That is the context here. 

Vet QB learning basics of the playbook? Ok. Maybe scheme a run first game to help them out, especially since they are known for needing it. Or start the game with help for the rookie at LT going agaisnt one of the best DEs. Maybe throwing some playaction that the QB they traded for has a positive history with. Just some more context being discussed 

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

You missed the point where he crated a fake competition that was settled at the trade and wasted a big portion of that time frame much like he did with Ickey. That is the context here. 

Vet QB learning basics of the playbook? Ok. Maybe scheme a run first game to help them out, especially since they are known for needing it. Or start the game with help for the rookie at LT going agaisnt one of the best DEs. Maybe throwing some playaction that the QB they traded for has a positive history with. Just some more context being discussed 

Baker didnt struggle yesterday due to a playbook though... he struggled bc the Browns knew to stand up at the line, and we couldnt stop Garrett. We also had 2 costly penalties that killed drives. 

The competiton didnt effect whether Baker was here for 40 days or 1 day. Baker has been here since he was traded for.