• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your top two HC hires after they flip Rhule..

Jmac

Jim Harbaugh

Sean Payton

HATE them both, but will welcome either with open arms as I'm 99% sure either of them could get this team with Baker back to contention and our first back to back winning seasons/sustained success. I'm sick of losing, enough nice likeable guys. Hire the biggest piece of poo out there like Payton and I don't care as long as we win.

• Pie 1

Looked up some dudes:

Pep Hamilton - If Davis Mills goes HAM, we need to kick the tires on him. Already has a solid resume beneath him

Ken Dorsey - We'll see how good the Bills do with him. Would be nice to bring an Offensive minded coach

Shane Steichen - Eagles current OC, young, and throwing together a solid resume so far. Let's see how well their offense performs this season:

He might be the most underrated riser among young coordinators, though the Eagles' 2022 performance holds sway over his next steps. Before guiding Jalen Hurts and one of the game's top rushing attacks while sharing play-calling duties with head coach Nick Sirianni, Steichen served as the Chargers' offensive coordinator for Justin Herbert's Offensive Rookie of the Year debut, and as L.A.'s QBs coach from 2016-19, including Philip Rivers' final three Pro Bowl seasons. He was also a defensive assistant with the Chargers back in 2011-12 under Norv Turner.

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Looked up some dudes:

Pep Hamilton - If Davis Mills goes HAM, we need to kick the tires on him. Already has a solid resume beneath him

Ken Dorsey - We'll see how good the Bills do with him. Would be nice to bring an Offensive minded coach

Shane Steichen - Eagles current OC, young, and throwing together a solid resume so far. Let's see how well their offense performs this season:

the irony of hiring Ken Dorsey would be a pathetic slap in the face

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Toughness does not make a good QB... Teddy Bridgewater has a higher season TD total...

is anyone asking Byron Leftwich to leave coaching to be our QB? 

You generally don't hire coaches based on their performance as players.  There wouldn't be coaches if that was the case lol. 

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

I think Flores is the surest thing to get a respectable team up and running. 

But I'd equate him to being somewhat of a version of Jim Harbaugh to a degree.  He isn't going to play around or give a fug about stuff.   And might not always play nice with others. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I wouldn't want anyone whose success is on TB12s coattails TBH... I just remember Leftwich being as bad of a QB as RhUle is a coach.

He wouldn't be my first choice.   But there are worse out there.  Like going the route we did. 

I'd take Flores.  And I'd rather gamble on a Leftwich than a retread or college hire. 

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Candidates I would be happy with:

• Brian Flores (long shot, doubt he ever gets a HC job again)
  • DeMeco Ryans
  • Byron Leftwich
  • Ken Dorsey (pending how the rest of the season goes for the Bills, but early returns look good)
  • Pete Carmichael

I’d be down with Brian Flores. And with an owner like Tepper, we’d probably be one of the few teams to give him another shot.