• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Best/Worst vs Browns

TheSpecialJuan

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Did Horn not get burnt? Did Icky not get beaten like a drum? I hope they get better but we passed on drafting our own franchise QB for a cornerback. This league isn't waiting around for our players or our coach to get their act together.

Wait I missed where you explained how Elflien is not only the best lineman on Sunday, but one of the best players on the team.

Go on.  I'll wait.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Did Horn not get burnt? Did Icky not get beaten like a drum? I hope they get better but we passed on drafting our own franchise QB for a cornerback. This league isn't waiting around for our players or our coach to get their act together.

Show me a QB available to us that is a proven difference making "franchise QB" I'll wait. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

Wait I missed where you explained how Elflien is not only the best lineman on Sunday, but one of the best players on the team.

Go on.  I'll wait.

Elflein shouldn't even be here and he wouldn't have the contract he does that we are hesitant to cut bait from if not for Matt Rhule. You were one of Elf's most outspoken defenders last year anyway who tf are you kidding here buddy?

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I am actually working in partnership with an agency that partners with Fanduel (on another project) but I found out they are working with the NFL to build a new stat: WR-INT. 

They are designing an algorythm that would identify if the WR is respoinsible for the INT rather than the QB. Last that I saw they were still defining the rule set. They are also working on a statistic called "clutch" for skill players. Basically using a % to define whether they caught the ball or did not catch the ball within the 2min warning and on 3rd/4th downs. 

Which reminds me, I need to see where they are at with that.

That would be useful, but I also understand the complications involved in term of definitions for statistical consistency. I mean, let's say the QB throws a hospital ball that hits the Wr in the hands in stride but the WR immediately takes a decleater and the ball pops up and gets picked. I'd say that's on the QB and I think most would agree, but how do you build a definition to account for that. It's messy.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

Elflein shouldn't even be here and he wouldn't have the contract he does that we are hesitant to cut bait from if not for Matt Rhule. You were one of Elf's most outspoken defenders last year anyway who tf are you kidding here buddy?

So you can't.  Just as I expected.  I think Chucky hit his head.  I really think he was smarter before.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1

32 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I understand Ikem is going up against Myles Garrett but he looked terrible Cameron Erving like terrible 

highly concerning 

He wasn't good, but on those two sacks, Baker's depth on his drop back was too deep, and he held on to the ball way too long. That's what was said on Panthers Talk. When looking at the plays, they're absolutely correct. Moreover, on those type of plays, you have to get the ball out quickly. That's how they're designed. It's something that can be worked on and improved.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That would be useful, but I also understand the complications involved in term of definitions for statistical consistency. I mean, let's say the QB throws a hospital ball that hits the Wr in the hands in stride but the WR immediately takes a decleater and the ball pops up and gets picked. I'd say that's on the QB and I think most would agree, but how do you build a definition to account for that. It's messy.

yeah, i brought this up to the guy that works with the agency. Mentioned that hospital balls should be included.  He mentioned they want the NFL to get to a point where they are measuring stats to success levels like baseball and basketball. It will be interesting to see how this lands.

In all  honesty, FD probably just wants the %s to manage their book better.

• Pie 3

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You'd think PFF would not be so high on their own farts and their "algorithm" when a center has multiple bad snaps and still grades out decently. If you suck at snapping the football you suck at playing center by default. 

Officially they credited 4 fumbles to Baker

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I guess they don't factor in botched snaps which might as well be as bad as sacks

They're wrong about some right about others but it hurts to admit they are really not far off the mark about some of our key defensive players. People just struggle to remove emotion from the equation. We very desperately need leadership on this team definitely on the defense especially with Shaq banged up. It just isn't there and it shows in the defensive performances going back all through the second half of last season.

• Beer 1