• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the NFL: Week 2

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Pep Hamilton making Mills the GOAT of the class...bring Pep home!

I wouldn’t be against him being our next coach. QB coach for Herbert his rookie year, Mills his rookie year, and the OC for the Colts when Luck was there. He gets overlooked a lot IMO.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I wouldn’t be against him being our next coach. QB coach for Herbert his rookie year, Mills his rookie year, and the OC for the Colts when Luck was there. He gets overlooked a lot IMO.

Blessing in disguise that he did not take the Panthers OC job, I get he did not want to be on the outs for a head coach that didn't have job security (which would be the 3rd time for him I believe) but the timing might benefit the Panthers for once.

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Blessing in disguise that he did not take the Panthers OC job, I get he did not want to be on the outs for a head coach that didn't have job security (which would be the 3rd time for him I believe) but the timing might benefit the Panthers for once.

I kind of wish he did so he could be the interm when we fire Rhule.

11 hours ago, CRA said:

maybe Fields will be bad, but it’s hard to call Chicago a good spot for a QB.  2nd year, 2nd offense for Fields and he has weak WR talent. 

I think the 2021 class might be a great disappointment.  But both Trevor and Fields went to dumpster fires and are essentially already starting over in year 2. 

I was never high on Lance or Wilson 

but where a QB lands IMO has a lot to do with how they turn out in the NFL.   If you look at the ones who have panned out in recent history…..talent has been around them immediately and a consistent staff. 

Tepper has to look north to Buffalo to see how its done right.  Draft a guy and under no circumstance mess with the coaching staff for multiple seasons.  Let everyone grow and develop together under one system.  Changing coordinators and coaches every year is a death knell for quarterbacks

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

lol eat my shorts pats fans…little bit of adversity and back to the pre Bledsoe era they go in term of fandom.

Dallas gets the normie hate for being the worst fans, but the real ones know the Pats fan are the worst. In a league thats set up for all teams to go 8-9/9-8, their worst record was like 12-4 over the last 20ish years. Made like 10 AFC championships and won 5(?) bowls too......THings change- dreamboat hits the high seas and land another decent rookie QB.......They should be banned form complaining for the next 50 years(much like indy). 

• Pie 1

On 9/13/2022 at 1:51 PM, Jackie Lee said:

Baldy disagrees

Honestly he kind of got lucky with that play.  The secondary just quit defending when he ran to the side.   The underneath guy badly was talking about had no one around him for 15 yards instantly and he didnt throw it.   It would have easily been a 30 yard gain or more.   In the rain you take that all day. 

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

Honestly he kind of got lucky with that play.  The secondary just quit defending when he ran to the side.   The underneath guy badly was talking about had no one around him for 15 yards instantly and he didnt throw it.   It would have easily been a 30 yard gain or more.   In the rain you take that all day. 

Yeah hard to truly judge either team playing in a monsoon, like 2-3 inches of water on the grass

• Pie 1

Giants EDGE Kayvon Thibodeaux (knee) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Thibodeaux suffered a sprained MCL in the preseason and was forced to miss Week 1. The team listed him as limited throughout the week heading into their opener, so getting the same status today as he did last Wednesday doesn't tell us much. We'll have to wait until later in the week to see if the No. 5 overall pick will make his debut in Week 2.

I doubt he plays.

Edited by TheCasillas