• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule says the Panthers averaged 7.7 yards per play the last 35 minutes of the game; adds that would've been 3rd in the league last week.

Julio

The thing is Matt Rhule might not even be fired. If you listened to Tepper and his presser last year he said when he hired Matt Rhule that they BOTH knew it would be a "5 year plan". I don't know how Tepper keeps getting conned by a used car salesman. Rhule used us being 2nd in the league in passing yards allowed as a metric for showing that the defense improved since he got here when we were 21st in scoring allowed. And Tepper actually believes the BS coming out of his mouth. He's getting played. Teams know we can't stop the run so that's all they do because they don't have to pass the ball along with them constantly having short fields last year.

11 hours ago, WarHeel said:

I caught that in the presser. He thinks he’s a smooth talker but most are seeing through the BS. I like stats too. Let’s drop the one about 4th Quarter Comebacks under Rhule and see if we generate the same positivity.

To be fair, that game will go down as a 4QC for Baker.  We did take the lead.  Our defense and the refs simply conspired to hand it back.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

They only get logged as a 4QC if you win or tie I believe 

I think you're right, at least as far as PFR is concerned.  I always thought 4QC was taking the lead with a score in the 4th quarter, and GWD was taking the lead and subsequently winning.  Nevertheless, it was nice to see our offense take the ball down and score in the 4th.  It's been a long time.