• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's not JUST coaching.

Dragoon11

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You might have missed the quote but in Rhule’s PC, he was asked why we didn’t see Higgins or TMJ. He answered that we didn’t need to make changes, we just needed to keep battling.

That is a dinosaur way of thinking in my opinion and it’s a major issue with this staff. I get they’ve spent all week game planning and they want to make that game plan work, but too often than not, today’s NFL coaches wait entirely too long to make adjustments and in Rhule’s case, he doesn’t make them at all.

I have no idea at ALL why we haven't seen Higgins. He made a lot of huge catches in Cleveland for Mayfield... head scratcher for sure.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You might have missed the quote but in Rhule’s PC, he was asked why we didn’t see Higgins or TMJ. He answered that we didn’t need to make changes, we just needed to keep battling.

That is a dinosaur way of thinking in my opinion and it’s a major issue with this staff. I get they’ve spent all week game planning and they want to make that game plan work, but too often than not, today’s NFL coaches wait entirely too long to make adjustments and in Rhule’s case, he doesn’t make them at all.

Rhule’s arrogance is one reason why he has failed as an NFL coach. He thinks his way is the only way to do things and refuses to adapt to situations as they come up. Sounds a lot like his buddy Tepper.

• Pie 1

Not going to read. Yes. Yes it is. When you have a poo head coach, poo offensive coordinator and poo defensive coordinator. Your players, both vet and rookie, keep making the same mistakes and showing hardly any improvement. Sorry, it is the coaching. Good coaching is the most important aspect in football. We have the talent, but no coaches to bring the talent out.

Edited by KillerKat

Good coaches elevate teams.

Good coaches win with the little things.

Good coaches make sure the fundamentals are covered and valued.

Good coaches turn players into stars.

Good coaches understand situational play calling.

Good coaches have their teams prepared to compete every week, every quarter.

We don't have good coaches. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

It’s Rhule and Snow. Get rid of them and put Steve in charge and you will see a 250% improvement over this poo. 

I truly believe that as well.

I’d actually even be interested in seeing Campen elevated to interim head coach as he was previously the associate head coach back in 2019 for Cleveland and letting Wilks run the defense his way and McAdoo run the offense his way. All Campen has to do is manage the game and keep track of timeouts while letting Wilks and McAdoo run their sides of the ball how they see fit.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let me save y'all a bunch of reading. The OP in a nutshell...

"The players should be finding a way to win despite Matt Rhule and his staff's clown show."

No... not what I was saying AT ALL. I obviously know how bad the coaching has been, but damn, we're losing by 2 and 3 points every week.

Edited by Dragoon11