• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We improved the staff, so WTF is going on?

mc52beast

I’m looking at our 2021 staff and comparing it to our 2022 staff, and this is one reason I was expecting an improved product on the field. Better, more experienced coaches should equal better play.

So why aren’t we seeing results so far? Are the players not as good as we thought or are the coaches being hamstrung by Rhule?

3 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I’m looking at our 2021 staff and comparing it to our 2022 staff, and this is one reason I was expecting an improved product on the field. Better, more experienced coaches should equal better play.

So why aren’t we seeing results so far? Are the players not as good as we thought or are the coaches being hamstrung by Rhule?

The improvement on staff was largely exaggerated.  We got a solid ST coach.  That was the notable add. 

Wilks is a fine coach but he is just a position coach.  He isn’t going to really impact things if you got a weak DC and a horrible HC over him.  He doesn’t have power to really change anything. 

HC, DC and OC all stink.  It’s the worst trio in the entire NFL of the big 3 spots. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, 4Corners said:

Ruhle is still head coach 

This.  Plain and simple.

As I've said in other threads, for all that has changed, what has remained the same and constant throughout it all?  Find it coincidental that the same struggles on both sides of the ball continue and look exactly the same as they did as year one, if not worse?  

Different personnel, different assistants, etc., and yet, the team plays just as bad...  

It's Matt Rhule.  That's it.

• Pie 5

7 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

poo starts at the top... Fhule has final say.

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

We didn’t improve the staff. It’s a bunch of misfit reject NFL coaches and the remnants of Matt Rhule’s college staff 

How we got Tabor and Hekker to come here I have no clue, and Rhule nearly negates it by putting Chuba at kick returner. Everything else sucks, I don't think we can totally blame Wilks for secondary issues when Snow is running this backwards as poo at safety

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1